Complaint Review: Tustin Police Department

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: jeff — Anaheim California United States of America
Tustin Police Department
300 Centennial Way Tustin, California United States of America

Tustin Police Department Officer Lomeli badge #1206 Wrongfully took my vehicle Tustin, California

*Consumer Comment: question

*Consumer Comment: comment

On or about October 10, 2012, I purchased a 1999 Ford F150 truck from Jim Welsh for $2,700.00. I paid the cash to Jim and received the vehicle title and the registration both showing Jim Welsh as legal owner.

On October 20, 2012, I was followed by three Tustin police units through Tustin and into Santa Ana where I was pulled over, at gun point, by both Tustin and Santa Ana police. I was forced to lay down in the middle of Grand ave. and was arrested for Grand theft auto.

After being transported to Tustin Police Department, I was informed that I was in possesion of a stolen truck. I was held for about three hours before being released. Before being released, the Tustin Police Dept. made me sign some sort of release which releases them of any wrong doing in this arrest. I was escorted out to the parking lot at about 1:00 a.m. with most of my personal property that they removed from the truck excluding $75.00 in cash and a brand new pair of Spy sunglasses. (note: the cash and sunglasses were located in the center console along with other personal property that I did get back). I was later informed that the truck was returned to a greg thornton, whom was the reporting party to the stolen truck, that same evening.

So now I tried to pull up the police report online and there is no record of this incident ever taking place. I am now out the money and the truck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tustin-Police-Department/Tustin-California-92780/Tustin-Police-Department-Officer-Lomeli-badge-1206-Wrongfully-took-my-vehicle-Tustin-C-1010686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tustin Police Department

question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Did you transfer ownership through the DMV after you purchased the truck?

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

It seems to me that if Mr. Thornton was the genuine owner of the truck, then you were screwed by Jim Welsh. It sounds as if you would have a strong small claims suit against him.

As for the police, you probably have no recourse.

Let us know what happens.