Complaint Review: Tustin Police Dept.

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: A Woman Who Served in the US Army — Tustin California United States of America
Tustin Police Dept.
Tustin, California United States of America

Tustin Police Dept. Police verbally abused and wrote parking ticket several minutes after the car was moved to a legal spot Tustin, California

This happened on a very hot summer afternoon in Tustin.  I am an elderly woman easily affected by heat.  After going around three times to find a parking spot, I parked in a no parking zone which was immediately next to a building and its staircase (on the right). A van was parked in the space to the left.  The van blocked the Handicap sign from the low field of view in my car.  My intention was to stop only for a couple of minutes.

As soon as I saw the police SUV come in, I immediately went to my car to move it.  When I asked him if I got a ticket, he indicated that he was about to.   As I proceeded to move my car, he told me that I could move it to a spot that became available across the lot.   I then moved my car to the spot.   I then went back to the store and shopped.   About ten minutes had passed after I moved my car when I saw him writing a ticket.  I then came out and asked him why he decided to give me a ticket.  He said Its because you were very rude!  The officer did not write and give me the ticket while I was parked in the spot in question.  He wrote the citation ten minutes after I moved my car to a legal spot.   I came to move my car as soon as I saw him.  He then ontinued to yell at me over and over again that I was very rude.  He did not want to hear what I had to say but instead yelled at me over and over again saying that I was very rude.  I was treated as a criminal.   I was so shocked about that mistreatment and was so affected by it that I could not sleep for several days and had to see a psychiatrist.

I did not intentionally park in a Handicap parking spot. Furthermore, the police officer wrote the ticket when I was parked legally and have been parked in that legal spot for at least eight minutes, approximately ten minutes.  In addition, the police officer verbally abused me and treated me as a criminal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tustin-Police-Dept/Tustin-California-92781/Tustin-Police-Dept-Police-verbally-abused-and-wrote-parking-ticket-several-minutes-after-933797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tustin Police Dept.