Holy

• Updated: Thu, October 11, 2007

• Reported By:Dover New Hampshire
Tvboxset.com - SXR CA - Dvdcollections - Garcia Media Group
Internet Canada

Tvboxset.com - DVDCollections.tv - SXR CA - Garcia Media Group Scam Quick to take your money but sends defective discs or no discs at all in some cases Internet

*UPDATE Employee: bot lol ?

*Author of original report: Tvboxset.com - SXR CA - Garcia Media Group Scam Quick to take your money but sends defective discs or no discs at all in some cases Internet

*UPDATE Employee: small question

I ordered a box set of dvds (Boston Public) from the online website www.tvboxset.com. I believed the website to be legitimate. It turns out they only "rip" poor-quality video content from tv recordings and then ship the discs (major copyright infringement). In addition they sent me many damaged and unusable discs!

My debit line item is specified below:
06/11/2007 Debit Card WWW.SXR.CA MONTREAL QC 79.98

Investigating the website, I find that they also use aliases such as:
DVDcollections.tv and have been scamming people for some time on such websites.

If any legal counsel would want to contact me regarding this, please do so!
My email and contact information is found on my website: (((ROR REDACTED)))

In any lawsuit I pursue, I would very much like to name the domain registrar, domainsbyproxy.com, as co-defendant as well. Dealing with them is extremely difficult, insulting, and all they seem to care about are the scammers they protect. They have to be held liable in some way for the sites they conceal!

Sean
Dover, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2007 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tvboxsetcom-SXR-CA-Dvdcollections-Garcia-Media-Group/internet/Tvboxsetcom-DVDCollectionstv-SXR-CA-Garcia-Media-Group-Scam-Quick-to-take-your-mon-276263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tvboxset.com - SXR CA - Dvdcollections - Garcia Media Group

bot lol ?

AUTHOR: Rares - (Czech Republic)

is this a bot sumbmission or what ? :) you HAVE To be kidding me, i hardly can believe what i read here. I would definitely think this report is 99 % fake. Don't know about tvboxset anything at all but judging by the fact that they are hosted by prolexic i HARDLY doubt they are scammers, YET, i cannot say anything about the quality. Anyway my opinion is that this report is fake.

AUTHOR: Sean dempsey - (U.S.A.)

In addition they sent me many damaged and unusable discs! I contacted them about this, and they guaranteed a refund. However...weeks went by and I never received one. I contacted them and they sent me an email indicating I was an idiot, saying "just tell your bank to issue a charge-back." I have not heard from them since.

They apparently use the company "WWW.SXR.CA" for credit purchases, which is based out of Canada. I assume the company (or individual) is based there. My debit line item is specified below:

06/11/2007 Debit Card WWW.SXR.CA MONTREAL QC 79.98

Investigating the website, seems they have been scamming people for some time on such websites. They use a proxy (DOMAINSBYPROXY.COM: a subsidiary of goDaddy.com) to register their domains so their identity is concealed. I therefore need a subpoena (and thus a lawsuit) to retrieve their contact information! (they have covered their tracks quite well)

I would love to pursue legal measures against this company! I care very little about the money involved to do so (it's a matter of principal!). Additionally, I think a class action suit might be feasible, considering how many people have been scammed. If any legal counsel would want to contact me regarding this, please do so! My email and contact information is found on my website: seandempsey.com

In any lawsuit I pursue, I would very much like to name the domain registrar, domainsbyproxy, as co-defendant as well. Dealing with them is extremely difficult, insulting, and all they seem to care about are the scammers they protect. They have to be held liable in some way for the sites they conceal! In short, TVBOXSET.COM scammed me out of $80. Do not use their services. No matter how long or how much money is takes, I will seek justice in the courts.

Sean Dempsey
Dover, New Hampshire

small question

AUTHOR: Rares - (Czech Republic)

just a small question. have you bothered to check where are both sites located ? and the domains whois informations ? and as far as i can see dvdcollections offers you COMPANY informations - universal ventures. I would highly suggest making accurate reports, otherwise damage comes for the companies you mention which may be unrelated.