Complaint Review: Twilight Travel

• Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: vacation scam — Kingwood Texas
Twilight Travel
, Select State/Province USA

Twilight Travel bookitdiscountclub.com I received a fax on July 10, 2014 advertising a 6 day 5 night vacation including all meals and beverages (alcoholic included) for $119.00 per person to Cancun, Jamaica or Hawaii. It also said choose your 4-5 star resort, Corporate meal plan, Unlimited activities including non-motorized sports. I called 855-883-1867 and spoke to a James Bell at EXT 325. He gave me a list of resorts and I told him I was interested in Maui. He then suggested the Four Seasons Resort. I specifically asked him if $298 was the total for 2 persons and he said "YES". I booked the vacation for OCTOBER 14TH, 2014. Shortly thereafter I received an email from docusign for a confirmation of my reservation. The confirmation # was CT22535100 but it did not list the Four Seasons Hotel. I called back several times and asked for James Bell at EXT 325 and he was never there. Orlando Florida

I, Mary Beth Nogues, received a fax on July 10, 2014 advertising a 6 day 5 night vacation including all meals and beverages (alcoholic included) for $119.00 per person to Cancun, Jamaica or Hawaii.  It also said choose your 4-5 star resort,  Corporate meal plan, Unlimited activities including non-motorized sports.  I called 855-883-1867 and spoke to a James Bell at EXT 325.  He gave me a list of resorts and I told him I was interested in Maui.  He then suggested the Four Seasons Resort.  I specifically asked him if $298 was the total for 2 persons and he said "YES".  I booked the vacation for OCTOBER 14TH, 2014.  Shortly thereafter I received an email from docusign for a confirmation of my reservation.  The confirmation # was CT22535100 but it did not list the Four Seasons Hotel.  I called back several times and asked for James Bell at EXT 325 and he was never there.  They said he "just left" and to call back the next day.  I called back several days in a row and he was never there.  Then I asked for a supervisor and was connected to Jessie at EXT 285.  She also told me the consumer line was 855-883-1865.  She told me that " I NEEDED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL $350 BOOKING FEE PLUS $853 PER PERSON PLUS $99 PER PERSON GRATUITIES FEE AND THIS HOTEL WAS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE!.  I told her this was deceptive advertising!  She told me it was not that James Bell told me of the additional charges upon booking.  I told her to listen to "the recorded conversation" between Mr. Bell and I and she informed me that there was no James Bell that worked there.  I told her this was deceptive advertising and she said, "get real, did you really think you could get a vacation for $298?"  I said yes, that was the TOTAL Mr. Bell told me.  I asked for a refund and she refused.  She said it was a non-refundable fee for the vacation package.  I asked what this package covered and she said it was for the meals.  I asked to speak to her supervisor and Debbie came on the line.  She basically said the same thing as Jessie and told me NO on the refund.  I told her I was going to complain to the Better Business bureau and the Federal Trade commission and she told me to have a nice day.  What a rip off. Kingwood, Texas 77339

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Twilight-Travel/Select-StateProvince/Twilight-Travel-bookitdiscountclubcom-I-received-a-fax-on-July-10-2014-advertising-a-6-d-1168922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Twilight Travel