Complaint Review: Twin States Equipment, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2008

• Reported By:Victorville California
Twin States Equipment, Inc.
P.O. Box 238 Mashville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Twin States Equipment, Street Sweeper not operating mulitple problems Ripoff Mashville North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I did insist more than once that the lessee / customer come look at the truck before he purchased it and he refused.

We were sold a street sweeper that during discussion of sell was told to be in operating condition and working well. However upon arriving to us the truck was leaking oil badly, it worked when we took it off the delivery truck but just two days later it stopped working and required major repairs nothing minor. The lessor would not agree to fix the truck to operating conditions but his lease company is hounding us for payment of a truck that does not operate.

Kay
Victorville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2007 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Twin-States-Equipment-Inc/Mashville-North-Carolina-28103/Twin-States-Equipment-Street-Sweeper-not-operating-mulitple-problems-Ripoff-Mashville-Nor-246578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Twin States Equipment, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Twin States Equipment - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry that the customer was not happy with our used truck. We take a lot of pride in trying to deliver the best possible product with the best service after the sale. Please review the following notes on this sale:

A. I did insist more than once that the lessee / customer come look at the used truck before he purchased it and he refused.

B. I sold the used truck as is and with no warranties and even though it had no warranty I still sent an expensive new torq motor at no charge because the customer claimed it had suddenly started leaking oil. I wanted to do more but the customer was not cooperative at all on the phone.

C. The truck was repossessed by the customer's financial institution for non-payment and to the best of my knowledge the customer did not make any payments on it so the customer only lost his time and maybe a small deposit.

D. I sold this exact same truck to another customer named Gary who was very happy with it and bought TWO more trucks from me after that! Gary was extremely satisfied and is on our users list.

E. I have been doing this for more than 20 years, and I drove this sweeper personally before it left our shop and it was sweeping "excellent". My shop foreman swept with it before it left. Our service manager of 18 years swept with the same sweeper just before it left our shop and he said it swept very good. The salesman that sold the truck has been here 8 years and he said it was sweeping "very good".

F. I have several more witnesses that it was sweeping satisfactory or great when it left here.

G. The used machine was delivered from North Carolina to California. How can I be responsible for a used machine after it leaves here? I have no idea what happened after it left here. Maybe it was vandalized or sabotaged. Maybe it was damaged by the trucking company that delivered it. Who knows?

H. The customer had less than perfect credit but the bank decided to take a chance and it was repossessed by the customer's financial institution for non-payment.

I. I have many happy customers from all over the USA available as a reference. For my users list please call me at 1-800-222-3686.