Complaint Review: Twinstar Credit Union

• Reported By: Rain Smith — Lake Tapps Washington
Twinstar Credit Union
4525 Intelco Loop SE Lacey, Washington USA

Twinstar Credit Union fraud, headache, credit report, car loan Lacey Washington

*Consumer Comment: You can pull your own consumer reports for free

*Consumer Comment: The Basics

I have had a car loan through Twinstar Credit Union since June of 2011. In June of 2012 I went to trade in the car and get a new one, only to find out Twinstar had not been reporting my car loan on my credit report. I called twinstar several times and everyone I spoke with told me that they did their research and they are indeed sendng the information to the credit breau.

I decided to keep the car a bit longer, so in May of 2013 I called Twinstar and told them that they have not been reporting on my credit. The guy I spoke with apparently "pulled my credit report" and advised me that the car loan was showing up on my credit report.

So in July of 2013 I went to trade the car in for a new one. I received a call back from the dealership stating that my car loan was not on my credit report. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? So Since July I have been calling Twinstar weekly and sometimes daily. Each time I call I ask if I can speak with a manager, and I am always told that they are unavailable and sent to their voicemail. I have not received any followup calls back!

Twinstar is a complete joke! This is the first car I got in my name, to help build up my credit, and due to Twinstar it has done NOTHING for me! I have been trying to get them to figure this out for 2 years, with no success. Twinstar is a complete JOKE! The representatives you speak to are not helpful and can never solve your problems or answer your questions, they just transfer you to someones voicemail who doesnt call you back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Twinstar-Credit-Union/Lacey-Washington-98503/Twinstar-Credit-Union-fraud-headache-credit-report-car-loan-Lacey-Washington-1079564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Twinstar Credit Union

You can pull your own consumer reports for free

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

All consumers are entitled to pull their own consumer credit reports for free one time each year from each credit reporting agency. You can go to AnnualCreditReport(dot)com to pull the report(s). That is the only way you are going to know for sure to which bureau the credit union is reporting your payments. Pulling your consumer report does not negatively impact your score and it really is the only way to know what is on your actual credit reports.

The Basics

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

There is not just one credit bureau.  There are three majors.  Not every merchant reports to all three or two.  Not all lenders seek reports from all three.  Quite possibly what has happened here is the dealer did not report your payment history to the same bureau which the second car dealer uses for its reports.  No fraud or deception here.