Complaint Review: Twisted Motorsports

Twisted Motorsports
51 Lakewood Dr, Marietta, GA Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Twisted Motorsports former loyal customer Marietta, Georgia

*Author of original report: Twisted Motorsports Update

I am very disappointed with Twisted Motorsports in Marietta, GA. I bought a new 50cc scooter from the company in 2010. It is a Peace Sports VIP. Since purchasing the scooter I have had to return to the company for various repair work. However the last work order experience is beyond wrong and unethical. I called and spoke to James Stephens who professes to be the owner but I suspect that his wife is the true owner because her name appears on my bill of sale. My scooter was loosing power so we agreed on me installing a new kit that would increase the power. The charge was $400 and an additional $100 to replace the front rim and a side panel. I prepaid $200 in January of 2012 however I didn't drop the scooter off until February of 2012 becauce I was told that they had experienced some complication with receiving the kit. So I dropped my scooter off in February of 2012 for the repair work. In May of 2012 my scooter was still not
repaired.
  James had fed me story after story as to why it was taking so long. I trusted him because he is supposed to be the professoinal. Finally I called another repair shop in Atlanta that I found online. They informed me that they had fixed repair work done by Twisted Motorsports in the past. In order to take back possession of my scooter I had to pay Twisted Motorsports an additional $300.00 for a non-working scooter. As a matter of fact it was worse than when I dropped it off. It no longer would start at all. It would not make a sound.  I took my scooter to Atlanta Motorcycle Repair on Ponce De Leon in Atlanta. My scooter was repaired in 2 days. Twisted Motorsports had installed 2 stroke parts on a 4 stroke engine. James refused to refund my money even though I offered to return the faulty parts. Our next communication will be in Small Claims Court. What a Guy, huh?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2012 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Twisted-Motorsports/Marietta-Georgia-30060/Twisted-Motorsports-former-loyal-customer-Marietta-Georgia-916401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Twisted Motorsports

Twisted Motorsports Update

AUTHOR: Choke - (United States of America)

I would like to take the time to update my original complaint. My disagreemet has been settled fairly and amicably. I have actually done satisfactory business with Twisted Motorsports for several years. Our disagreement was thankfully settled without the interference of a Magistrate Judge. I learned that James Stephens monitors websites such as this and actually attempts to satisfy his customers or present his side of the story. In my case that is not neccessary because I, the customer, am doing it for him. I found out that I mispoke about the part that was installed on my scooter. It was a 2 stroke style part not a 2 stroke part. In other words it works on my scooter. It just takes fine tuning because it is a performance part. I also learned that the extended time was due to something beyond James control. I aplogize to James and his wife who is a sweetheart. I chaulk this experience up to two men getting angry and behaving badly. Ha, I'm sure that's nothing new. As our mothers teach us "patience is a virtue."