Complaint Review: Two Companies: Litton Loan, Houston, TX., And Fidelity National Field Services, Ohio

• Submitted: Fri, January 14, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2008

• Reported By:Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania
Litton Loan - Houston TX And FNFS-Ohio Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Two Companies: Litton Loan, Houston, TX., And Fidelity National Field Services, Ohio Charged me for at least 5 Home Inspections that were not performed $750.00 Houston Texas

*UPDATE Employee: FIDELITY NATIONAL FIELD SERVICES

When I rec'd a billing statement from Litton Loan Servicing about one year ago concerning Home Inspection/s; I questioned every one of the charges. I did everything in my power to verify that these Home Inspection/s were even performed. I got no results from Litton Loan, and then asked for the company name who alledgedly did them. Fidelity Nat'lField Services based out of I think; Akron, Ohio, finally contacted me after repeated no answer phone calls, and then a FAX to them. A shady operation. This company receives "orders for Home Inspection/s; I assume from many nationally based mortgage companies like Litton Loan.

I told them that I needed official Home Inspection/s documentation. Well, what I got proved to me that the Inspection/s were NEVER done. Yet, Litton chr'g me over $750.00 for them! I demanded that Litton Loan's VP LeeAnn Derma get it right; no repsonse. I have given this mess to PA AG's Office-Consumer Complaint Section, Scranton, PA. It is stalled now because both companies are desperately trying to cover their tracks. The Inspection/s reports contained wrong info like the type of dwelling I reside in. Both companies said I reside in a single home - owner "non" owner occupied. Wrong! And, that the property is a single home; wrong again. This home is a 2 unit bldg. with clearly 2 mailboxes.

The forms did not contain any official PA License number/s to identify the alledged Inspector/s name or whatever. The form was a quick cover-up attempt to scam me. Both Litton and the Inspection know that I am on to them, and that the AG's Office in Scranton, Pa also wants action. I cannot file the chg's on my 2004 tax return because the inspection reports are clearly bogus. There is more about Litton. It's a rotten outfit; and the customer service stinks. I also found out during this messy situation that my mortgage NOTE is not notarized. My loan with Litton was initiated at Whitehall Mortgage, Old Forge, PA., then sold to Erwine Mort., then to these jokers. Help!!! Litton Loan and FNFS must be stopped in PA from accepting any more mortagages or alledged Home Inspection/s requests from lenders.

Linda Jane
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2005 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Two-Companies-Litton-Loan-Houston-TX-And-Fidelity-National-Field-Services-Ohio/Houston-Texas-77081/Two-Companies-Litton-Loan-Houston-TX-And-Fidelity-National-Field-Services-Ohio-Charg-127326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Two Companies: Litton Loan, Houston, TX., And Fidelity National Field Services, Ohio

FIDELITY NATIONAL FIELD SERVICES

AUTHOR: Linda Jean - (U.S.A.)

I am one of those persons who do inspections for Fidelity National Field Services. We do visit each home, take a photograph and make notes of the condition of the outside and check to see if the home is vacant etc. Sometimes I go to the same place at least two times a month. At times it is difficult to determine which home is the correct address as many homeowners fail (deliberately?) to put their numbers up on the mailbox or house. In fact, I have spent many hours trying to figure out which one is the right address. So, if we fail to photograph the right home it is not our fault, we sure do try.

Unless we have direct contact with the person residing in the house and know for sure that person is the owner, we check the "unknown occupant" box...A field inspector does not know who is actually occupying the home, it might be a renter.

I get paid for each home I visit, sometimes I travel many many miles, and so someone has to pay the company that pays me, and evidently the mortgage company in turn charges the homeowner. She was not ripped off, we earned our money.