Complaint Review: Ty-Ty-Nursery

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: ChuckD — Joplin Missouri United States of America
Ty-Ty-Nursery

Ty-Ty-Nursery Did not honor my order pricing wanted to increase prices almost 300% Internet

I preordered ordered 4 pecan trees 1 to 2 ft tall in August 2012. The price was $12.95 each. I received an order confirmation via email.

I called the company in December to find out when the order would be shipping and the gentleman-informed me that there was a problem with their order system and that I would have to go back on line and re enter my order. I agreed to do so. But when I looked at the prices for 1 to 2 ft trees they were all now $29.95 each a significant increase!

I called the fine gentleman back and informed him that I still had a copy of my original order and the prices for those trees were 12.95 not 29.95. He told me that he could not honor my original order even If I sent it to him because too many customers were trying to rip them off by buying hundreds of trees at lower prices.

I tried to reason with him that most other places were still not charging $29.95 for a 1-2 foot tree, and he simply hung up on me.

I ended up ordering 4 pecan trees from Willis Orchards 5-6 ft tall for $29.95 each. So I'll probably see nuts a couple years sooner. I have ordered 12 other fruit trees from Willis in the past and never had any problems but didn't like the fact that they bill my credit card when the order is taken rather than shipped, but the trees were all very healthy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ty-Ty-Nursery/internet/Ty-Ty-Nursery-Did-not-honor-my-order-pricing-wanted-to-increase-prices-almost-300-Intern-1001575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ty-Ty-Nursery