Complaint Review: Tyson Foods

• Reported By: Wulf1 — Ainsworth Iowa United States of America
Tyson Foods
16198 Iowa 70 Columbus Junction, Iowa United States of America

Tyson Foods Safety first my a** Columbus Junction, Iowa

Tyson of Louisa County says that safety is their number one priority.  To that I say, they really need to take a closer look at what is really going on.

I worked maintenance so I go to see more of the plant operations than the normal line worker. One example comes to mine is seeing several of the maintance employees on different shifts not follow lockout/tag-out procedures. Reaching into a band saw and handling a blade without locking the machine so it can't start. Mentioned it to one I saw doing it that had been there for 4 years and was told to mind my own business.

Another example is entering a 480V 3 phase bucket. Policy is to wear 600V gloves and a arc face shield. I've seen several maintenance employees reach in there without any safety gear on what so ever. The sad part is one of them was the safety captain whom should have known better as he's sposed to be watching to make sure we do it safe. [continued below]....
.....

I, myself was fired for not doing my job correctly while trying to correct a safety issue with several machines that hadn't been properly maintained. They were running while not in operational position (aka blade head locked into position). One of the other maintance people said "that's the way they are sposed to run". I was pulled off my normal duties to work on the safety issue but was fired for not doing my job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tyson-Foods/Columbus-Junction-Iowa-52738/Tyson-Foods-Safety-first-my-a-Columbus-Junction-Iowa-1006156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tyson Foods