Complaint Review: U-HAUL Fisher Towing 014635

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Monroe Washington
U-HAUL Fisher Towing 014635
415 E Fremont Street Monroe, Washington U.S.A.

U-HAUL Fisher Towing # 014635 Another Consumer Ripped-off, Scammed and Fraudulently billed by U-HAUL Fisher Towing Monroe Washington

*Consumer Comment: UHAUL blames the customer before themselves

On October 22, 2008 I agreed to rent a U-Haul rental truck from U-Haul Fisher Towing at the base rental rate of $29.95 plus $0.79 per mile, agreeing to refuel it to the existing level at time of rental, clean it out and return it prior to 9:00 am the following morning as they had it rented out then.

I used the truck for a total of 41.6 miles. Cleaned it out, refueled it at the Fryelands Blvd Shell at 9:47p.m. (for which I have the sales receipt) and returned the truck to Fisher Towing around 10:00pm that same night.

The next day I get a text message on my phone that my "U-Haul Rental is now overdue", when it had been returned undamaged, re-fueled, cleaned out, parked on the premises and the key put in their designated drop box the previous evening.I called several times, ,my call was neither taken nor returned. I drove there thinking the truck had been stolen and I would need to file a police report. Upon getting there I was told - "Oh we do that to everybody."

Well that was just a preview of coming attractions- instead of billing me the $69.29 this should have been, the Fishers tacked on

a $26.91 cleaning charge
a $57.50 fuel charge (for 42 miles????)
and billed my card $153.61 for what was a legitimate $69.29 transaction

My husband called and tried to talk to these people. Mrs Fisher admitted to him that the truck got 8-10 miles per gallon. When he told her we had a receipt for the gas she hung up on him. Obviously this is their typical MO and just the way they "do business".

Scammed
Monroe, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-HAUL-Fisher-Towing-014635/Monroe-Washington-98272/U-HAUL-Fisher-Towing-014635-Another-Consumer-Ripped-off-Scammed-and-Fraudulently-billed-392433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-HAUL Fisher Towing 014635

UHAUL blames the customer before themselves

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

My situation is similar to yours. I returned everything as scheduled only to try to rent from them again 2 years later and told I could not rent from them because I did not return the appliance dolly on time. Allegedly, I drove to South Carolina a month later and dropped the dolly at a UHAUL center!! I live in PA! UHAUL is ridiculously incompetent with bad employees who hang up on you the second you disagree with them. Also, beware of a Maria Palmisano. She peruses the complaints and puts up a happy "i'll help you. we really do care" messages. The second there is nothing that can be done, she becomes Mrs. U-HAUL-Is-NEVER-Wrong. She posts merely to stall a sinking ship and the more people post their horror stories, the more UHAUL will sink for good. Just DONT rent from them EVER again. They are worthless.