likes

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 15, 2005

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
U-HAUL
UHAUL.com Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.

U-HAUL ripoff Boston Massachusetts

On September 1st, 2005 I went to the U-HAUL Main center in Southbay to rent a U-HAUL. While in line one of the U-HAUL reps (all of whom were goofing off and appeared to be pretty young), announced that regardless of reservations, everyone would be recieving a ten-footer. When I got to the head of the line, my cousin who was the driver gave the young woman a paper ID because he had lost his previous one and had yet to recieve his new one. She refused to take it.

We went outside and I was upset because I needed to be out of my building by the end of the day. My cousin searched his car and found his old license so we went back in and proceeded to get the 10-footer.

I was told two hours prior, on the phone that I could write a personal check and all I needed was two forms of i.d., however, when I told this to the young lady she informed me that I also had to make a one-hundred dollar deposit. So my bill for a measely ten-footer was $177.00!!!

I was told that my one-hundred dollars would be returned. This was on September 1st, at about 7:30pm. My contract was for a one-way, ten-footer from Dorchester to Quincy, with the drop off location on Quincy Ave.

Two hours later the truck broke down and I retrieved the contract from my purse to call the 1-800 number and noticed that the young lady managed to misspell my cousins name (the driver), despite the fact that she had his license, on the keyboard, right in front of her!
My cousin laughed it off and said was no big deal and the truck finally started up.

I returned the truck the next night (24 hours later) without a hitch. A week later I still did not recieve my deposit and I e-mailed U-HAUL to see what was up.
I recieved an e-mail from a Ms. Katy Arnold who was helpful and courteous and informed me that the general manager of the U-HAUL in my area would contact me.
He never did.

Today I called the U-HAUL main number (1-800-789-3638) and explained my situation and was greeted by a woman with a bad attitude who proceeded to tell me that I did not speak to Katy Arnold. I then said, "Well then, who is this e-mail from?" SHe proceeded to get snarley and asked me if I called the general manager. I told her, "yes," and that he was supposed to return my call and never did. Her response, with attitude, "Well, call him back. Have a good day." (CLICK). She hung up the phone in my face, and had a snarky attitude like I was her worst enemy.

All I want to know is if and when I will be recieving my money and I have been given nothing but the run around and an attitude.

I was told before not to deal with U-HAUL and I didn't listen. Now I am advising everyone against it.

T.
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2005 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-HAUL/Boston-Massachusetts/U-HAUL-ripoff-Boston-Massachusetts-157180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-HAUL