Complaint Review: U-HAUL

• Submitted: Tue, October 07, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:cincinnati Ohio
4908 Whetsel Ave Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Me and my fiance' were planning to haul some junk outta our apartment over the weekend so we called U-Haul, we asked them how big of a truck we would need and such and they told us we needed a 3 bedroom truck and I asked pricing and such and then they said that they didn't even have that truck at that location and I said well, what should we do then ? She said she would have to take my credit card number in order for her to be able to help me at all, I was a bit hesitant at first but she said she needed that info to make the reservation and to look for the equipment, she had even said nothing would be charged on my CC until the reservation was confirmed.

So we use my fiance's CC and she tells us she'll have to call us back and give us the information as to where to pick up the equipment and I said well I don't want to go pick up a truck that's far away and she said nothing is confirmed until you say so, I said okay and that was that.

I get a text message about 20 minutes later saying where I'd have to pick the truck up at which was like 30 minutes away, the message said I needed to call this number to confirm the reservation, I called the number just so I could speak to someone and tell them I wasn't interested but I never got a hold of anyone. I never confirmed any reservations for anything.

We use a friends big truck instead of renting a haul the next day since they never called me back and I still could not get a hold of anyone at the number that the message told me to call.

The weekend passes and my girlfriend gets her check from work and she goes to cash it and her account is overdrawn $-170 !!! She had like 40 bucks in her account and U-Haul took the liberty of using her CC number to charge her 50 bucks for not canceling the reservation!!!

I find all this out and I call the U-haul place, a very pissed off person demanding my money back because I never confirmed any reservations for anything and she said the manager would have to speak with me so I waited on the line for like 10 minutes for the manager to come onto the phone and recite some speech she's had to of said before and I tell her to be quiet so I can speak. she becomes rude and hostile and says she's not refunding any money for anything. I ask for the U Haul corporate number and she gives it to me and I said look, just give me my money back and I won't call corporate, she said your not getting nothing back and I said well I'll call the BBB and report this and she hung up on me!

So then, I call corporate and they say they can not overthrow that store and that I was pretty much screwed. Bulls**t.

cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2008 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-HAUL/Cincinnati-Ohio-45236/U-HAUL-STOLE-MONEY-FROM-MY-BANK-ACCOUNT-Cincinnati-Ohio-379057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-HAUL