Complaint Review: U-HAUL

• Reported By: Ningo007 — Orlando Florida United States of America
U-HAUL
NORTH ORANGE BLOOSOM TRAIL ORLANDO, Florida United States of America

U-HAUL BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ORLANDO, Florida

*Author of original report: Budget outshine terrible u-haul

*UPDATE Employee: U-Haul cares

Spoke with mgr about use of u-haul voucher with an expiration date of one day before rental, Debra said I could use and she would give credit. When I returned truck no credit was issued by u-haul as voucher had expired. I raised an issue regarding this matter, customer service then told me I could no longer rent thier trucks. i now rent trucks 4 times a year from (((competitor's name redacted))) rentals, they appreciate my business 4 times a year. Boycott U-HAUL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-HAUL/ORLANDO-Florida-32810/U-HAUL-BAD-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-ORLANDO-Florida-925852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-HAUL

Budget outshine terrible u-haul

AUTHOR: Ningo007 - ()

Nonsense u-haul should appreciate customers, not drive them away. Have been Budget Truck rental customer for 5 years. Never ever going back to u-haul.

U-Haul cares

AUTHOR: Maria p. - (U.S.A.)

My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I would like to offer you my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. If the expiration date on a U-Haul VIP Certificate is close to the date of your U-Haul rental, we can normally work with our customer by extending the date of the Certificate or simply replacing the Certificate with a new expiration date. However, the Certificate needs to be redeemed at the time of rental, not at the return location. The only time we find it necessary to place a customer on our E-Alert system is when there is a balance owed to U-Haul, our equipment has been damaged due to neglect, or a major altercation transpired where we feel there may be a risk to rent a customer our equipment. I would like the opportunity to look into your situation further. Please contact me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com and provide me with the U-Haul location involved, date of rental, and name of the lessee listed on the agreement. We want to ensure proper rental procedures are being followed locally. Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon.