Complaint Review: U Haul And Republic National Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:aurora Colorado
U Haul And Republic National Insurance
15250 E 40th Ave Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

U Haul And Republic National Insurance Uhaul center shot up. My unit and contents damaged Denver Colorado

A few months ago the uhaul facility where I have a storage unit was shot up with bullets. U haul stated it was a random act of violence. But I was told by uhaul employees that they think it was a former tenant who was angry and shot the glass out of the uhaul facility. Now I contacted Uhaul insurance republic western national insurance. Martha the claims person told me well there is nothing that uhaul can do. It is basicially store at your own risk. This is an indoor facility, so I thought my items would be safe. The bullet went thru my unit as well as 3-4 others. I have a freezer with a nice big bullet hole thru it. Now of course the freezer is not going to work with a hole in it. But because as I was told by Uhaul insurance it is just a random act of violence. I am just out. They (Uhaul) will not replace or even credit me nothing towards my freezer. So guess I will even have to haul it to the trash dump since it does not work.

aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-And-Republic-National-Insurance/Denver-Colorado-80239/U-Haul-And-Republic-National-Insurance-Uhaul-center-shot-up-My-unit-and-contents-damaged-343204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Haul And Republic National Insurance