Complaint Review: U Haul Canada

U Haul Canada
1513 Old London Road SARNIA, Ontario United States of America

U Haul Canada UHAUL CANADA SCREWED ME OVER SARNIA, Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: U-Haul Cares

You're not going to believe this!! I rented a truck from this crazy company.  It was picked up on a Thursday, and expected to be returned on Saturday.  I returned it on Friday evening.  Got me so far?  It was returned early.  Then, the lovely people from this company phoned me and said my gas was low, and gave me the option to pick up the truck and put gas into it.  Considering they wanted to charge me $43 to bring it up to 5/16th of a tank, I agreed to pick up the truck and put in some gas.  I did so, went around the corner and put in $25 and I felt all was well.  Here is the kicker! I returned the truck, they emailed me a bill charging me for fuel, and $30 late fee returning the truck.  OMG Have they lost their minds!  The only reason it was late, was because I took it out (as per their request) to put in gas.  I wanted to dispute the bill, but the people from the 800 number keeps giving my messages back to the same person who over charged me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-Canada/SARNIA-Ontario-/U-Haul-Canada-UHAUL-CANADA-SCREWED-ME-OVER-SARNIA-Ontario-632187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Haul Canada

U-Haul Cares

AUTHOR: Maria p. - (U.S.A.)

My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I first want to offer you my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced. I would like the opportunity to research your concerns further in order to offer you a reasonable solution. To obtain a copy of your rental contract I will need to know the name of the lessee listed on the agreement along with the date of your rental and the address of the U-Haul location involved. You can send me this information at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com. It is only through communication with our customers that we realize which programs are working and what areas need attention. Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC