Complaint Review: U-Haul Moving Company

• Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 30, 2003

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
U-Haul Moving Company
www.uhaul.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

U-Haul Moving Company Paid reservations Atlanta Georgia

In June 2002, 2 weeks before my move, I made a reservation with the U-Haul company for a mid-sized truck to move my belongings intown (from one house to another in the same town). I made the reservation online, and was charged $5 for the "convenience."

The week before I moved, I called U-Haul 3 times to request confirmation and get an address to pick up the truck. Each time I encountered a huffy, impatient representative who said (Each Time!) "you have a reservation; don't worry about it; we'll call you the night before and let you know where to pick it up..."

On the day of the move, with all my belongings in boxes and new tenants waiting to move in behind me, U-Haul still had not called to tell me where to pick the truck up. When we finally got through (it was a Sunday and most local offices were closed), we were told that there were no trucks available.

When my credit card bill came in a few weeks later, there was the $5 "convenience" charge.

Well, I scrambled to borrow trucks from all my friends and eventually made the move, and after several calls and emails, got my $5 back. But it was the hardest I've ever worked for $5 in my life!

Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2003 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-Moving-Company/Atlanta-Georgia-30303/U-Haul-Moving-Company-Paid-reservations-Atlanta-Georgia-43439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul Moving Company