Complaint Review: U-Haul Moving and Storage

• Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: Heather — Miami Gardens Florida United States of America
U-Haul Moving and Storage
2460 N.W. 36th Street Miami, Florida United States of America

U-Haul Moving and Storage I rented atruck, it broke down, they never picked it up and charged my credit card$748.00 Miami, Florida

Date: 3/18/2011

To: Claims Department.

On March 12th, 2011 I rented a U-haul truck.  I left my truck at the U-haul station and drove off.  I was driving for about 30-35 minutes and the truck broke down at an Exxon gas station located @ 17700 N.W. 2nd Avenue in Miami, Florida.  I called the U-haul Roadside Assistant number and spoke with a Tisha Daniels. Tisha Daniels asked me for the location of where the truck was and I told her. Tisha, also said that I just need to wait for the Roadside Assistance to arrive.  I immediately told Mrs.Daniles that I was going to be late for work, That I was frustrated and that I shouldn’t have to be unconvinced by waiting because I had to go to work.  Mrs. Daniels told me that she understood and that I was to leave the key inside of the truck. I did as she stated.

Upon arriving back to the U-haul station in which I rented the truck from I spoke with the gentlemen who rented me the truck. [continued below]....
..... .  I told him that the truck broke down on me and I gave him the location of where the truck was.  He apologized, asked me for my email to email me a receipt free of charge.  I then left the U-haul station thinking everything was alright.

I called customer service because I did not receive an email from the counter representative stating that I would no be charged.  I also had at that time $105.00 pending on my account and I couldn’t understand why that charge was still pending on my account.  The customer service rep said she would have the Manager Hector call me.  I never received a call.

On Friday March 18, 2011, I received an email of a receipt charging my credit card $748.54.  After spending the entire morning on the phone calling Customer service back and forth, being brushed off by the Manager Hector that never called me I learned that The Road Side Assistance took so long that the Manager had the truck towed! This is not my responsibility.  I spoke to the credit manager Melissa @1-888-303-4081 and she states that Tisha Daniels is not admitting that she told me to put the keys in the truck and that I could leave the truck there. This is pure nonsense and I will not pay for someone else’s negligence!  I cannot believe that not one phone call was made to me this entire time! Taking it upon
themselves to charge me for a service that I didn’t receive and to then have a CSR recant what was told to me is unbelievable!! I consider this to be theft and I would like my funds returned to my account.

280627543304 Born Leather and Suede Shoes

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-Moving-and-Storage/Miami-Florida-33142/U-Haul-Moving-and-Storage-I-rented-atruck-it-broke-down-they-never-picked-it-up-and-ch-707858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul Moving and Storage