Complaint Review: U - Haul Rental

• Reported By: Stacey — Cape coral Florida USA
U - Haul Rental
SE 19th Ter Cape Coral, Florida United States of America

U - Haul Rental THEY ARE THEIVES!!!! Cape Coral, Florida

I rented a car trailer from U-Haul so that I could move from state to state. I have never done this before so I had no clue how U-Haul worked.  All I knew is that my father did the same thing and he was charged a flat rate.  I went to U-Haul with my truck all packed up and told him I needed a trailer so that I could move. The manager never asked me where I was moving to but I didn't think it would matter as long is it was a day that I had it.  Later on I get a letter in the mail that I have been turned into credit collections for $1200.00.

I called the company that I rented it from and the "MANAGER", or SCUM whatever you want to call him, told me that I knew that it would be more to move from state to state and then told me that It was my problem and that I was sneaking around.  He told me on the phone that he wasn't paying attention so he forgot to ask me where I was going but he told me that it was my fault...??? HOW????  He refused to talk to me so when I called he told to me that it was to bad and hung up on me.  Then I called again to ask him if it costs $600 to move from state to state and I wasn't told that they why am I turned in for $1200 and he told me since I went out of state he was charging me for twice the amount because HE CAN.

If you are told to sign the paperwork at the company and then told that you are good to go, how do they later turn around and pretty much say you stole the trailer from them?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2009 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-Rental/Cape-Coral-Florida-33990/U-Haul-Rental-THEY-ARE-THEIVES-Cape-Coral-Florida-501328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U - Haul Rental