Complaint Review: U-Haul Truck Rental - Republic Western Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Payson Arizona
U-Haul Truck Rental - Republic Western Insurance
P.O. Box 24181 Phoenix, Arizona Nationwide U.S.A.

U-Haul Truck Rental - Republic Western Insurance Leaky truck ruined possessions Phoenix, Arizon

Rented a U-Haul 14 foot truck for a one-day move. Loaded truck and parked. Rained all night. When I got to my destination the next day (125 mile move) and began unloading, discovered that the rain had leaked into the truck. Water damaged my mattress, soaked some business suits, ruined a box of books. Luckily, I had my photos and other keepsakes in a sealed Rubbermaid container.

The insurance company that handles claims for U-Haul, Republic Western Insurance, denied my claims of damage. The U-Haul contract states that the trucks are only 'water-resistant.' Enough water leaked into the compartment to completely saturate the lower portion of my mattress to 8" the entire length of the mattress. I tried drying it out but mold developed inside the mattress and I had to discard.

The agent for Republic Western Insurance refused to provide me with requested information about the truck. It has signs of previous damage and an inadequate repair and patch job.

I am going to file a small claims lawsuit and attempt to recover my damages. If I wanted to expose my items, I could have move via my pick-up truck.

Gary
Payson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul-Truck-Rental-Republic-Western-Insurance/nationwide/U-Haul-Truck-Rental-Republic-Western-Insurance-Leaky-truck-ruined-possessions-Phoenix-A-344416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul Truck Rental - Republic Western Insurance