Complaint Review: U Haul

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2007

• Reported By:Pelham Alabama
U Haul
1402 MONTGOMERY HWY Dothan, Alabama U.S.A.

U Haul U Haul...Out for U Haul..Worst customer service EVER! Dothan Alabama

I will try to make this short and to the point. My boyfriend and I rented a truck from U Haul in Dothan, Alabama. First of all we pulled in the parking lot very much to everyones acknowlegement. We went inside and waited for maybe 10 minutes..no one ever came in. Finally, my boyfriend went outside and asked could someone help us. The so called general manager was the one that helped us.

I shouldn't say helped because there was no help to it. He was extremely rude. He overcharged us for hand trucks. Did not explain to us what he was charging us for. I asked him and he really didn't give me an answer. Just out and out rude.

So my boyfriend gets in the truck and we realize the air condition does not work. Well with 104 degree weather we have been having lately.... we need air. We called the district office and the girl on the other end was just as rude as the district manager. I mean hey....if you are a rude person and do not care about people...go work for U Haul because I think they must promote it. Anyway....so she told me she would give me a discount for the air...we still have not received our credit for that.

We finally got our things moved and we went to crank the truck and it wouldn't crank. See we had the truck all weekend and we had a few other things we needed to get from my old apartment. Well we called U Haul...this was the beginning of the true NIGHTMARE! U Haul sent someone out and they said they couldn't fix it. My boyfriend asked them could they please have it towed because we needed to put our cars in the driveway. They told him..."NOT OUR PROBLEM" and hung up on him. We got the mechanic that they called to tow it at midnight.

Now we have no truck. I have called and called...they have done nothing but give me the run around for hours. I paid for the truck all weekend....no truck! Everytime I call they are extremely rude. They could care less. My boyfriend just called and told me that they charged us almost 300.00 and we were suppose to pay 223.00. This is just a nightmare.

I have never ever seen a company due business this way...ever. I don't know how you have a business acting like this. I don't understand how upper management accepts their customer service talking their customers the way they do. I don't get it. DO NOT EVER USE U HAUL.....it will be a HUGE mistake!

Briansgirl
Pelham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2007 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Dothan-Alabama-36301/U-Haul-U-HaulOut-for-U-HaulWorst-customer-service-EVER-Dothan-Alabama-270256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Haul