suffering

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2008

• Reported By:Hazen Nevada
U-Haul
146 Grand Ave. Fallon, Nevada U.S.A.

U-Haul Over charged and Credit card abuse Fallon Nevada

On the 17th of January I comaped prices for a car dolly. I decided to go with U-haul because I was quoted 39.95 a day. I was told that if I returned the car dolly within 24 hours I would only be charged the 39.95. the Manager told me that they had to put a hold of 126.56 in case I return it late.

When I arrived in Ridgecrest California and to the office of Uhaul there, the manager there said that they would not honor that price and I would be charged the full 126.56, and that it had not been put on hold, but indeed had been deducted from my account.

I immediatly called the Fallon office and she said that she was going to revert the charges and when I came back to Fallon to come into the office and we would work out the bill on a "promissary Note."

When I arrived back in Fallon I kept checkong my account and the monies had not been returned to my account. On January 24th, the Fallon Office took an additional $95.45 out of my bank account without my permission or consent. I have called customer service, and the Fallon Office, and at this time I just have promises that someone will return my call and straiten this out.THe customer service is suppost to return my call within 48 hours.

Meanwhile I have checks bouncing in my account because I was overcharged $192.06 for an item that was suppost to only cost $39.95.Total amount deducted from my account was $232.01 for an item that was suppost to be $39.95.
I wonder if theywill honor these overdraft charges as well!

I just want to say, COMSUMER BEWARE!!
Rj
Hazen, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2008 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Fallon-Nevada-89406/U-Haul-Over-charged-and-Credit-card-abuse-Fallon-Nevada-303573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul