Complaint Review: U-Haul

• Submitted: Wed, May 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
U-Haul
www.uhaul.com Normal, Illinois U.S.A.

U-Haul U-Haul claimed $5,599.71 damage on a small dent, sent me the bill, and I paid for their insurance Normal Illinois

I just recently used U-Haul to move. I even purchased the extra insurance at the time of rental. During the move, as I came to park on the side of a street I came in contact with a tree branch overhanging the street and dented the upper passenger side corner of the truck. The damage was unsightly at most and needed minor repair. I told the place I returned the truck to what had happened. I found out later that the insurance I purchased from U-Haul didn't protect me from hitting overhead objects (nice little loop hole). Even further, I found out that U-Haul is claiming a $5,599.71 damage claim on the minor dent. As minor as the impact was, I could see the possibility of the damages being between $500-$1000. What should have been settled by a small check is now going to be an insurance battle that is beyond ridiculous, and it'll be a $500.00 deductable out of my pocket and more expensive insurance payments. I will never again use U-Haul for anything in my life. I would advise no one to ever use U-Haul for anything. Find an alternate truck provider. I've never been involved in a more crooked and dishonest scheme in my life, and from a supposed reputable company. I would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience with U-Haul. I would gladly help fight this company tooth and nail to keep them from ripping off their consumers.

Dnecemusic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2009 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Normal-Illinois-61761/U-Haul-U-Haul-claimed-559971-damage-on-a-small-dent-sent-me-the-bill-and-I-paid-for-t-451586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul