Complaint Review: U-Haul

• Submitted: Sun, September 18, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: Isabelle — coral springs Florida U.S.A.
U-Haul
999 Kimberley Blvd, North Lauderdale, Florida North Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

U-Haul Manager Neville at 999 Kimberley Blvd, Nort Lauderdaloe, FL RIP-OFF - OVER-CHARGED - DID NOT RESPECT RESERVATION MADE North Lauderdale, Florida

Don't use U-Haul: What a rip-off.  First, I made a reservation to pick up a 10' truck at 7336 Southgate Blvd for 10:00am on 09/17/11 and was told that the reservation had been made for 09/18/11 which is NOT date I had requested.

I was sent to 3 different locations to find another truck.  No one had one despite my reservation made the day before.  Of course, they didn't want to give me the $50 for not having a truck available as stated on their site so instead, they told me the reservation was made for another date.

In addition, I waited 1 1/2 hour to get a truck.  The service was slow and was constantly interrupted by incoming customers coming in to pay for for their cell phone bills.  After finally getting a truck, I drove a totla of 40 miles and was ready to return the truck back to U-Haul.  I was told to bring the truck with the same reading on the gas gage so I stopped at the gas station to add gas and the Gas reader did not up-date and I ended up putting 12 gallons of gasoline for a total of $43.19 which is not the amount of gasoline I used for the 40 miles I drove.

When I returned the truck, I explained the situation to the Manager and ask him kindly to no charge me for the mile rate since I put way too much gas in the truck.  He bascially told me with a smile that NO credit would be issued.  When I got the truck, the tank was just under 1/2 and I brought it back with over 3/4 of a tank of gas.  I want my credit back and I want it now.  I will take this issue very far if no one calls me and sends me a refund check.  This is complete abuse toward customers and it is STEALING!  They better take care of this issue promptly because if they don't, I will take care of it in a different way and it wont be pleasant for the company.  Isabelle St-Denis, ripped-off customer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2011 03:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/North-Lauderdale-Florida-/U-Haul-Manager-Neville-at-999-Kimberley-Blvd-Nort-Lauderdaloe-FL-RIP-OFF-OVER-CHARGED-778132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul