Complaint Review: U-Haul

• Submitted: Tue, October 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 17, 2006

• Reported By:Pueblo Colorado
U-Haul
4030 N Freeway St Pueblo, Colorado U.S.A.

U-Haul ripoff Dishonest Fraudulent Billing ripoff Pueblo Colorado

*Consumer Comment: File a dispute...

*Consumer Comment: And you're going to let them get away with this?

My father needed a hitch on his truck so he could pull a big trailer to Texas to help his friend move. He went to U-Haul to have them put a hitch on. The U-Haul employees told him that he would have to pay $100 before they did it. He agreed and paid with his credit card.
He came abck later to get his truck and they informed him that they were unable to put the hitch on. They said this was due to bad wiring in his truck and told him to take the truck back to the dealership to have it fixed. And oh yeah he wouldn't be refunded his $100. My dad gets mad and tells them he is not going to pay for something that wasn't done. The employees tell him that he has to leave the store.

My dad leaves and goes down the street to the Topper Store, where he bought his topper for his truck. He asks them to put a hitch on and BOOM!! Like magic my dad instantly gets a hitch with no problems. They didn't say anything was bad about the wiring either.

U-Haul is a big rip off service and I am going to make sure everyone I know and everyone of my clients knows, what a ripoff U-Haul is. I sell Real Estate and so does my dad and I will never, never suggest using U-Haul to anyoen I meet or know.

Andrea
Pueblo, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2006 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Pueblo-Colorado-81008/U-Haul-ripoff-Dishonest-Fraudulent-Billing-ripoff-Pueblo-Colorado-216187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul

File a dispute...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

with the credit card company

And you're going to let them get away with this?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

First off, I'd call the local TV stations and see if they have an investigative reporter that could investigate and expose these slimeballs for what they are. Crooks. Thieves. Liars.

Then, I'd file a small claims and ask for punitive damages (punitive so they won't be tempted to do this again).

I know it's only $100, but I'd sure give them $1,000,000 worth of bad publicity.