Complaint Review: U-Haul

• Reported By: Phillygrl — Richmond Virginia United States of America
U-Haul
351 E Belt Blvd Richmond, Virginia United States of America

U-Haul Unauthorized charge to my debit card Richmond, Virginia

I received a receipt from U-Haul for my monthly storage fee telling me that they have charged my debit card for my payment.

I called and spoke with the  customer service person and asked how can they just place a charge on my card without my authorization? I was told that they will use whatever card is on file.

She seemed oblivious to the fact that I never gave them permission to do an automatic debit.

I then asked why wasn't I notified in advance that they were going to do this? Her response was that I was sent a receipt and I said yes after the transaction had occured.

Needless to say, this conversation didn't get me anywhere.

U-Haul is a piece of work!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2010 05:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Richmond-Virginia-23224/U-Haul-Unauthorized-charge-to-my-debit-card-Richmond-Virginia-653956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul