Complaint Review: U Haul

U Haul
1104 Clarke Drive Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

U Haul uses their contract to rip off consumers Vancouver British Columbia

*UPDATE Employee: U-Haul cares about your concerns

I rented a 3/4 ton van from U - Haul. I drove a total of 47.2 kilometers. I put 5.65 Liters of gas in the vehicle to pay for my gas usage. They put in an additional 7 Liters of gas and charged me $40.50 for it. Saying that I failed to fill up their vehicle. The vehicle was not full when I rented it! It's not reasonable to use up 12.65 Liters of gas to go 47.2 Kilometers. The load I carried was not excessive... 12 boxes weighing about 15 lbs each! The total trip took about 2 and a half hours to do! I am totally pissed off at them. The clerk (jerk) was rude and said that I could take them to court but they would win anyways because I signed a contract with them. The contract allows them to charge me $30.00 for this service. Then he challenged me to sue and assured me I would not win, "many people tried". Don't rent from these arrogant people and eventually they'll go broke and die.

Leslienelson
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V5L-3K3/U-Haul-uses-their-contract-to-rip-off-consumers-Vancouver-British-Columbia-426662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Haul

U-Haul cares about your concerns

AUTHOR: Maria P. - (U.S.A.)

Dear Leslie Nelson,
My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. First I would like to offer my apology for any rude service you received from our U-Haul Dealer. We realize rudeness is never an excuse in any situstion I would like to address your concerns and offer a resolution. Please contact me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com and provide me with your email address where I can contact you.
Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,