Complaint Review: U Of P - University of Phoenix

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Jake — laguna Woods California United States of America
U Of P - University of Phoenix
Bristol Street Costa mesa, California United States of America

U Of P - University of Phoenix University kept Student Loan Money Costa mesa, California

I went to the University of Phoenix 9 years ago.  I obtained Student Loans through the University of Phoenix.  They did the paperwork and had me sign.

They requested more money than I needed to take the classes I was taking.  I questioned it and they said that was for future classes and they would return the unused amount to the bank.

Well, 9 years later and the Department of the Treasurey for the Student Loans (now run by the government) is coming after me for a huge Student loan amount... that I didn't use.  In other words the University of Phoenix never returned the excess funds they received on my loan.

The Government has taken over $3,000. from my tax refund and is now taking money from my deceased husbands Social Security Benefits that I should be receiving.

I have notified everyone about the descrepancy and the Treasury Department says there is nothing I can do but pay off the remaining loan.  I have contacted the University of Phoenix and they sent me a phoney accounting that "no one" could read or figure out!  Why is this allowed to happen... Maybe we need a class action lawsuit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Of-P-University-of-Phoenix/Costa-mesa-California-92630/U-Of-P-University-of-Phoenix-University-kept-Student-Loan-Money-Costa-mesa-California-632370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Of P - University of Phoenix