Complaint Review: U Rent Auto

• Reported By: BD1234 — New York New York
U Rent Auto
Internet USA

U Rent Auto www.urentauto.com Car Rental Scam www.urentauto.com Internet

After purchasing a LivingSocial deal for a weekend day rental, I called the company and made a reservation.  All went well, they took down my information, confirmed the reservation and all was set.  The car was being rented for an out of town wedding I had.  Saturday morning, an hour prior to the reservation, I received a call from a representative of the company saying that my reservation was canceled and not offering any further details.  I was also told that a manager would call me back.  When I asked why the manager could not get on the phone then instead of calling me back, the representative told me that he was calling me from home.  Interesting, especially since the number of the company was what came up on my caller ID.  In the following two hours, not only did I not get a call back, but my 20 calls and emails were also ignored.  In a summer Saturday morning in NYC, with a hour notice, you can get a car a good 5 town away for a half decent price.

The company ended up writing me back 48 hours later.  I guess they didn't let my inconvenience ruin their weekend.  I had asked to be reimbursed for the car I had to rent elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Rent-Auto/internet/U-Rent-Auto-wwwurentautocom-Car-Rental-Scam-wwwurentautocom-Internet-1074098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U Rent Auto