Complaint Review: U. S. A. Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Sat, April 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, April 27, 2003

• Reported By:glendale Arizona
U. S. A. Magazine Exchange
8607 N. 59th Ave Suite E2 Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

U.S.A. Magazine Exchange I used to work at this RIP OFF COMPANY and trust me, THEY RIP YOU OFF!!! Glendale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: USA Magazine Exchange can kiss mine

*Consumer Comment: This company prays on college kids, I myself fell victim to this company.

*Consumer Comment: I will not rest until this company has been brought to court and dealt with as the criminals that they are.

*UPDATE Employee: Maybe I'm missing something here..

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yes that was the Owner's Mercedes

*Consumer Comment: U.S.A. Magazine Exchange big shot drives a Mercedes Benz 500SL with expired plates.

*Consumer Comment: l.t. get a life!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Owner of USA Magazine Exchange now has the Rip Off Report hot on his trail.

I used to work at USA Magazine Exchange, AKA Southwest Incentives and I will give you the REAL DEAL on how they DEFINITALLY RIP YOU OFF!!! They are very sneaky in getting sales over the phone, telling you that you will recieve free magazines, a free "diamond" watch (that costs $7 retail) all for just purchasing 1 magazine for $3.36 a week!!!

One of the slave drivers late model BMW

Expired plates! ..employees tell Rip-off Reprot the payments on this car have not been paid for many months.

$3.36 a week is ridiculous. Did you know they only pay .50 cents a YEAR for some of your subscriptions, MOST of them are free! The publishers give the subscriptions to them free so that they can circulate them. For example, once a magazine can say it has over a million subscribers it can charge big companies BIG money to put ads in their magazine.

Meanwhile you pay this sleazy company USA Magazine Exchange $698.88 for magazines that are in most cases absolutely free to them. Pretty sickening isn't it? It is especially sad when they tell you they can't cancel your order. THEY ABSOLUTELY CAN!!! DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!! They Rip you off and laugh about it!

If you haven't recieved any magazines yet then you are home free! YOU ARE ABLE TO CANCEL! It is the law. They have not pre-paid for your magazines, they do not even pay for them untill they swipe the first payment off of your credit/debit card!

And above that they only pay for one year of your magazines at a time! So the most they can do (if you are recieving the magazines already) is make you pay for 1 year. NOT THE FOUR YEARS!! (keep in mind if you haven't RECIEVED any magazines yet then you DO NOT have to pay anything!!)

Think about it, they are making over 600% profit off of YOU in most cases. The sleazy owner, Tom Meehan Jr. drives a brand new Cadillac Escalade, Dodge Viper, Mercedes Benz, takes exotic vacations and lives in a mansion all paid in full by YOU the ripped off customer.

I am so sorry that I ever worked for this company, I am sorry to you the ripped off customer. The company got me too, they fired me because I wasn't making them enough money and then tried to deny me unemployment. They run that place like a boiler room.

Well the GOOD news is they are in HUGE TROUBLE with the Attorney General for the State of Arizona. Please get justice and file your complaints with the Attorney General of Arizona, they are the ONLY ones who will do anything for you. The BBB doesn't do anything.

If the Attorney General gets enough complaints they will shut the crooked company down. They are already investigating them so aid them in the investigation. DON'T let the USA Magazine Exchange rip you off anymore!! Tell the Attorney general what they have done to you. That is the ONLY thing that WILL get you results!

l. t.
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2003 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-A-Magazine-Exchange/Glendale-Arizona-85302/USA-Magazine-Exchange-I-used-to-work-at-this-RIP-OFF-COMPANY-and-trust-me-THEY-RIP-YOU-51759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U. S. A. Magazine Exchange

USA Magazine Exchange can kiss mine

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

To those that are standing up for this BS company and wanted legal actions, I did a little research through some old law books here in TN and it turns that in the state of Tennessee, you can't 1. make a legal contract over the phone for over one year and 2. you can not make a legal contract over the phone for more than $500...That is two laws broken in the state of Tennessee which made the "verbal contract" null and void...If you all want the easy way out, just check up on the laws in your state....Oh and Tim...summer's coming up and I need a good project to begin working on...F'n your company up just so happens to be a good idea to me...You gotta love the internet =) Talk to ya in a few weeks bro

This company prays on college kids, I myself fell victim to this company.

AUTHOR: Kandie - (U.S.A.)

I , like every other kid in my dorm, was called an offered a chance at $50,000 in cash and 3 complimentary issues of some magazines. Little did I know I woule shortly be agreeing myself to helping out with one at the low discounted rate of only $3.36 per week, which I thought at the time was a great deal. Next thing I know the supervisor was calling me back to confirm the order I had just placed. Not even 5 minutes into the conversation she was asking me for my credit card number. Meanwhile, I am still thinking I am getting this incredible deal then she tells me I will have 12 monthly installments of $58.24, my jaw about hit the ground. I proceeded to tell her that I was a full time student and with a part time income I could not afford that $58 a month so she told me she wanted me as a customer so she gave me so introductory rate and I agreed. After the phone call I got on the web and looked up the USA Magazine Exchange and discovered that I had just given my credit number to a bunch of conartists. Immediately finding this information I called my bank and cancelled my card. This company needs to be stopped. I called the 800 # provided on the website and was treat like garbage. I was told there was no way to cancel the order. I begged and pleaded, still no satisfaction. I contacted the Attorney Gerneral of Arizona, so I will wait and see what happens!

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I received a phone call stating that if I were to "review" this companies service I would receive $100 dollars worth of coupons for gasoline. I asked, can I quit immediatly without charge if I didn't think it was a good deal? The answer was "sure" no problem. Several months passed, I received nothing from this company and it was all but forgotten. It wasn't until my wife questioned me about the charge to our credit card that I even remembered the phone call. By this time we were charged $150 for no service whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement that we were a subscriber of any type. I called and they said they would remove me from the program. After reading what I have about this company, I doubt it highly. I have to close my credit card I've used to apply and I hope that works. What especially irritates me is the comments by "Chris from Chicago" saying the input from former employees is nothing but the grumblings from worthless people who can't hold any job. I would like to meet Chris in a dark alley if you know what I mean. These people realized a paycheck is not worth any means and have spoken out against what appears to be a bunch of scumbags. My hat off to them, and Chris, go hit a bridge abudtment in your Mercerdes Benz or BMW or whatever a scumbag like you drives. I will not rest until this company has been brought to court and dealt with as the criminals that they are.

Maybe I'm missing something here..

AUTHOR: Lee - (U.S.A.)

But I still don't understand what all of the fuss is about. If Southwest Incentives is doing something illegal, fine.

But if so, why not bring up the specific laws and ordinances they're breaking? Up to this point all I hear is a bunch of people whining about what kinds of cars are being driven and the retail price of the complimentary watch.

Who cares? You're just clutching at anything that seems to paint a negative picture of this company, but the bottom line is they are supplying a service that was agreed to in full by both parties.

Regardless of the profit made, regardless of completely inconsequential things such as personalities and intentions or motives, a deal was agreed upon by two willing parties and that is the ONLY thing that matters here.

Concerning this bitter ex-employee, your sudden change of heart seems to have suspiciously coincided with your termination, the moment you ceased to be payed for such "unhonorable" work.

It would seem things were just fine until you were told to leave. And concerning the many "blameless" customers out there who were "totally ripped off and lied to" at some point you may want to admit that you just forgot to pay attention to the terms you were agreeing to. Chalk it up as a mistake in judgement if you must, but beyond that, it's nothing but incessant whining and unfounded complaints. Keep it to yourself.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Yes that was the Owner's Mercedes

AUTHOR: I T - (U.S.A.)

Thumbs up to you Arizona Joe for actually doing something for the consumers who are HORRIBLY ripped off by this company.

That is one of the owner's many cars. That is his oldest car that I saw back when I used to work there. He often loaned it out to one of his cohorts in crime, Bill Bowers, yet another member of the criminal managment team at Southwest Incentives/ Usa Magazine exchange, he may have sold it to him, hence the expired tags.

I am sure that must be who had it that day since the owner Tom Meehan Jr. rarely showed up at the company for anything other than to crack the whip on his employees about once a month.

and the BMW, that belongs to the General manager, Patrick Fagan, a person who PRIDES himself on treating everyone horribly including the customers. (Unless you are a goodlooking YOUNG girl of course.)

OH, and "Scott" .. I am certain that your name is NOT Scott, you are NOT in Chicago Illinois, and you are a Member of the Criminal Management team at USA Magazine Exchange/Southwest Incentives, maybe even Tom Meehan Jr, either way Your pathetic responce is a weak attempt to redeem your sorry company.

Keep up the good work Arizona Joe, I am sure the consumers look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Remember ripped off consumers, file your complaints with the Attorney General of Arizona.

AUTHOR: Arizona Joe - (U.S.A.)

After reading all of these Rip Off Reports about U.S.A. Magazine Exchange, I decide to go check out this so called company.

I read that I,T, say the owner of this company is making a lot of money selling magazines to consumers. Well, I just wanted to see what kind of car the owner of this company drives.

I went over to their office in Glendale and I find a manager of some sort driving an old Mercedes Benz 500SL. with the following license plate "737 ABF" The plate on this car expired in November of 2002.

The state is always cry babying that they have no money. If they have no money why is it that this clown can drive a Mercedes Benz 500SL with expired plates?

If this clown can't afford a new plate for his car, I bet he has expired auto insurance too.

Maybe the state of arizone passed a new law that says expired plates are OK.

Soon more pictures will be posted.

makes one wonder where all of the money is really going.

l.t. get a life!!!

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

As an employer in the Midwest, I often see garbage like this from angry ex-employees. Everything is fine while they are getting a paycheck but when they lose their job, for whatever reason the company is rotten, ownership is sleazy and the poor poor ex-employee is the victim...what a crock!

Instead of sitting around on your fat ass all day feeling sorry for yourself and blaming everyone but yourself, get another job you miserable hypocrite. Oh, wait a minute, telemarketing companies usually hire anyone off the street so you probably can't find a job. You couldn't make it there so even McDonalds would refuse you.

They refused your unemployment huh, were you stealing? Must of been doing something pretty bad to lose that but you know that because you are a loser.Well I feel better getting that off my chest. Your parents must be proud to have raised such a miserable child. Remember my free advice, get off that big fat ass of tours and go back to work, stop moping around playing the victim...it's your fault. Accept that and move on

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Owner of USA Magazine Exchange now has the Rip Off Report hot on his trail.

AUTHOR: Arizona Joe - (U.S.A.)

I want to thank whom ever I.T. is for posting the above info. We here at Rip Off Report can now dig a bit deeper and expose so much more. God this is FUN!!!!

If you want to see more info about Thomas P Meehan go to the follow link. After you get to this link you will see he took out a big fat loan for $1,500,000. My question is if he is making so much money, Why does he have to talk out any kind of loan?

/UnofficialDocs.asprec=20030112078&p

g=1&cls=RecorderDocuments&suf=&sar=UnO

fficial&bid=&naf=0&bk=0&rec2=&pgs=&map

=&bdt=1/1/2000&edt=3/28/2003&nm=MEEHAN

+THOMAS+P&set=250&cde=&lnk=1&Pages=2

If you want to see when he started USA Magazine Exchange go to this link.

/UnofficialDocs.asprec=20021000328&pg=

1&cls=RecorderDocuments&suf=&sar=UnO

fficial&bid=&naf=0&bk=0&rec2=&pgs=

&map=&bdt=1/1/1983&edt=4/6/2003&

nm=Southwest+Incentives&set=250&

cde=&lnk=1&Pages=1

Soon very clear pictures of the following address will be posted for all victims to see his big fat house at 6519 E Malcomp Dr,Paradise Valley, Arizona 85253.

If you are a victim of USA Magazine Exchange Please print of a copy of your Rip Off Report and send it to Thomas P Meehan at 6519 E Malcomp Dr,Paradise Valley, Arizona 85253.