Complaint Review: US Beef | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction, positive rating for its customer support from Ripoff Report. Customers can feel confident when purchasing US Beef.

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By:Brooklyn Park Minnesota
U. S. Beef
267 Kentlands Blvd. #3013 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

U.S. Beef REVIEW / CUSTOMER COMMITMENT: U.S. Beef clients, feel safe, confident, secure when doing business with US Beef. commitment to customer service, quality value. Commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation Customer Satisfaction Program, ..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business
*UPDATE: U.S. Beef recognized by Rip-off Report as a Verified Safe business.

SPECIAL UPDATE: March 27 2014: US Beef remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. US Beef is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, US Beef has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Rip-off Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business™.

Over time and since becoming a member, US Beef has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever US Beef remains committed to improving customer satisfaction. [continued below]....

.....

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 US Beef is Rip-off Report Verified

Rip-off Report REVIEW: Editors UPDATE:

Positive rating and recognition has been given to U.S. Beef for its commitment to excellence in customer service. Rip-off Reports discussions with U.S. Beef have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that customers can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns.

U.S. Beef listens carefully to customer concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in providing the highest quality products and superior customer service. U.S. Beefs ownership team has informed us that their philosophy is that they strive for total customer satisfaction.

In order to be a successful business, the ownership team at U.S. Beef feels it is critical to listen to their customers and respond properly. By always putting their customers first, U.S. Beef hopes their customers will continue to choose them for the highest quality U.S.D.A. inspected meats and seafood.

Another key employee of the company told us the mission laid out by ownership is based on the premise that "the company strives for customer loyalty through providing value through distributing high quality products backed by an unbeatable guarantee.

U.S. Beefs mission statement says it all: "Our goal is to provide our customers the best quality, value and guarantee in the business."

Some of the other things Rip-off Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: U.S. Beef truly handle all customer service issues in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that the company and their employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

U.S. Beefs customer service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job.

The customer service manager has stated "I have seen ownership take personal interest in all customer suggestions and questions from our customers. With their years of experience in sourcing the best products available, and their commitment to customer service, it is no surprise they have such loyal customers. It always gives me great pleasure to witness customers ordering from us over and over again.. U.S. Beef takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.

Employee feedback reveals comments such as this: "U.S. Beef provides a very positive environment to work. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged. The ownership group is truly concerned about our contribution to the company and providing growth opportunities for us. They take the time to listen and communicate with employees and customers."

Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that U.S. Beefs past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards customer and employee satisfaction. U.S. Beef recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation U.S. Beef has made organizational changes allowing its customers and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience. In summary, after talking with company executives, which included discussions with U.S. Beefs ownership, Rip-off Report is convinced that U.S. Beef is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about U.S. Beefs no hassle, 100% money back guarantee. ....

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

If any consumer ever has an issue with a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program / Ripoff Report Verified Safe Business , we ask that you please, make sure you email us at EDitor@ripoffreport.com .. satisfaction guaranteed means satisfaction guaranteed. As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Rip-off Report to contact every person who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. One customer contacted us back and stated they were fully refunded their money, and U.S. Beef also replaced their complete order and gave them extra product.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

U. S. Beef Too much inventory and they wanted me to make a deal Minneapolis MinnesotaU. S. Beef truck pulled into our driveway and approached my wife indicating they had too much inventory and wanted to get rid of some extra boxes of steaks. They wanted to sell us 6 boxes of steaks for $397--$2.00 a steak. There were less than 40 steaks. The meat was an issue--it looked very old. The meat was overly priced. For $2.00 a steak, the guy said this was their last box--I'll give you a good deal. If you buy these steaks I will give you another smaller box. At $2.00 a steak I should have gotten 200 steaks for $400.

Two days later I see the same truck pull into my neighbors driveway. I wander over, as a good friend, and start chatting with them. My neighbor has been laid off, his wife has been fighting cancer, thus, money is tight. So he did not buy any steaks.

within two nights, that I am aware of, this company has been in our townhouse complex approaching young and old and taking advantage of people. We have 435 townhouse units so we are a good target area.

could you please help us out so no one else gets ripped off.

Swd Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-Beef/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55330/U-S-Beef-Too-much-inventory-and-they-wanted-me-to-make-a-deal-Minneapolis-Minnesota-454230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U. S. Beef

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

U.S. Beef wants to make things right

AUTHOR: Ownership Team - (United States of America)

U.S. Beef strives for 100% customer satisfaction.   All our products are guaranteed for taste, tenderness, and against freezer-burn for a full year.  If the steaks you purchased were not up to your expectations, please let us know so we can exchange them for a fresh set.   As part of the guarantee that we offer all our customers, a customer service representative will travel to your home or business to exchange anything you are dissatisfied with.  If you feel that steaks are missing, please let us know so we can deliver what ever was missing from your assortment.  Please contact 888-987-2333 to reach our customer care line.

WHITE VAN BEEF?????

AUTHOR: jetames - (USA)

PERHAPS YOUSHOULD KNOW ABOUT WHITE VAN SPEAKERS -JUNK CHINESE "SURROUND SPEAKER SYSTEM" THAT SUPOSEDLY SELLS FOR $3200.00. YOU ARE IN A PARKING LOT AND GUYS DRIVE UP IN AN SUV OR WHITE VAN. THEY CLAIM TO HAVE AN "EXTRA SET THAT THE BOSS DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT." BUT "IF YOU BUY RIGHT NOW, YOU CAN HAVE THIS $3200.00 SOUROUND SPEAKER SYSTEM FOR $200.00."

SAME S**T!!!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Simple analysis

AUTHOR: MadMarks - (USA)

I will break it down for everyone as simple as possible

$369 for a box of steaks

There is 20.25lbs in the box.

That means you are paying $369/20.25 = $18.22/lb Overpriced ? ?

Wait they'll throw in another case for free. then divide that by 2

So $9.11/lb for beef. .  . come on. 12 lbs of that is Hamburger. That is only $4 a pound at best.

So since over half is hamburger at $4/lb so subtract that cost $4 x 12lbs = $48

$369-$48 = $321 for the balance of steaks which is 40.5-12lbs = 28.5lbs

$321/28.5lbs = $11.26/lb for steak. Hardly, wholesale if you ask me.

OVERPRICED . . . . . you make the call. Hence why they sell by the cut not by the pound.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked for U.S. Beef for one day.

AUTHOR: Freddie - (United States of America)

Was told I was going to be in sales. Did somebody tell me to sell a minimum 10 boxes per day? Did someone tell me that there are no real customers? Did someone tell me to drive around looking for someone to "look like their home?" Did someone buy the boxes and rent the truck out-of-pocket? Did somebody pay $80 a box, and them sell them for $240 by making it sound like it was an "extra box on the truck?" Did somebody ever show a sellers license, EVER? Did anybody ever mention this could be the biggest SCAM EVER?

Nope, none of the above ever happened. I would NEVER do anything to disgrace a former employer. I just love lawyers.

#5

READ THIS REBUTE!

AUTHOR: Von - (USA)

Came across this add when trying to google their website. I have purchased meat from these guys before and its actually pretty good and priced fairly. I got my own personal driver I deal with (you know who you are) and he always gives me a great deal on it too. Until now I thought i was the only one getting 2 for 1! haha. its all good buddy. Here's my Beef! >QUOTE:  ( Swd) "They wanted to sell us 6 boxes of steaks for $397--$2.00 a steak. There were less than 40 steaks.....At $2.00 a steak I should have gotten 200 steaks for $400." >TRUTH: - Hmmm...I don't know how that even makes sense but I've purchased steak from them and there is in fact 61 steaks in each case not 40, and its $3 per steak not $2. Did you try counting them? Being all individually packaged its pretty easy to see. And buddy you really gotta use some common sense here. read on to see how this works out. >QUOTE:  (Flynrider) "Who buys meat off the back of a truck from some anonymous guy on the street?... I asked him how would I know that it wasn't horse meat, or..." >TRUTH: -First off, do you have an actual complaint here because all I see is fallacies. Not sure this site is the place to go bashing legitamate companies especially when you have absolutley nothing to say. The meat is USDA inspected. >QUOTE: (MN Blues) "there are murderers out there that would sell you human flesh if they wanted..." >TRUTH: -I believe the USDA does in fact prohibit the sale of human flesh. >QUOTE: (Gordy) "I know,I know, I realize pathological liars ... I am not surprised that you conveniently forgot to mention that 24 of your so called "cuts"... look like they have plenty
of fat added. >TRUTH: -I'm not sure how you're qualified to diagnose anyone as being a 'pathological liar' there bud. Let's keep our paranoia to ourselves please. -Did you ever think that the delivery guy may have assumed that with the boxes opened before your very eyes that it might be redundant to point out the obvious? -You said the steak burgers "look" fatty. ok...so did you cook one? no? Well I have cooked up plenty and there is NO shrinkage. that means little or no fat. its steak. -Lastly, I think the delivery driver was doing a mathematical process called 'averaging' when explaining the price of the steaks. He was probably just trying to keep things simple. If you do a 'non-bias' math on them: the big strips and mignon run $10, the regular strips run $8, the sirloin runs $5 and the patties run $2. which is darn good for flash-frozen, dry-aged choice steak. the stuff is actually better than the prime cuts you get at cub (opinion). I did the math myself and it adds up to $322. but you got to consider that it's vacuum sealed and delivered to your door. so add $47 for that. now your at $369.  sounds fair to me.  now $369 divided by 61 cuts = $6 per cut. now throw in a free case like my guy does for me and that's $3 per cut. SUMMARY: If you remove all the fat from this report you're left wondering. "Where's the Beef?" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are those you have something to say and can't say it, and those who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

#6

In response to Elliot Brown, U.S. Beef Salesman

AUTHOR: Gordy - (USA)

In response to Elliot Brown.

Who the heck are you trying to fool here? Some of us fortunately didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. First of all, you obviously work for US Beef at this time...or you wouldn't be writing the comment like you did (or the comments in the other complaints). I know,I know, I realize pathological liars have a hard time telling even the simplest truths.

Im going to tell you right now, I have alot of sales experience - and much of that is in "one-call closes" (just like what you do), so you're not fooling me here. During my experience with a U.S. Beef salesman, I pretty much knew what he was going to say before he even said it. Everything about U.S. Beef salesman screams to me "cheesy greaseball salesman". I actually think car salesmen are more ethical.

U.S. Beef salesman lie from the first sentence that comes out of their mouth when they meet a potential customer. Here are a couple of examples:

-"what if I told you I could get you steaks for $3 a cut"

- I.E. "i have some leftover/too much inventory and need to get rid of a few boxes".....No, you don't have some leftover inventory; your inventory is just fine and in line with what it normally is. Frankly, to me these types of sales lines are quite cheesy in this day and age.

How about this one. During my U.S. Beef experience, I decided to test the salesman after I gave him all of the "no's" and told him to come back in a couple of days when my wife is home so she can see too, and maybe we would reconsider. His response was basically "I'm usually not in the area here, I travel all over the state and out of state, so I don't know when I would be able to come back again". I mentioned that we could even set up a specific time, but he wanted no part of it! He might as well have said "look, I know your going to check around about my company after I leave here anyway so I might as well not come back and waste my time because you will truly know what I am all about".
Oh, by the way, two days later I see him shopping in my local Menards...LOL

But enough of that, lets get on to the real "meat" of the situation:

You said: " when purchasing the Steak Family 6 Pack at a fair price of 369.00 ($6 per steak @61 cuts), you receive a free case of your choice (containing another 61+ cuts of meat).  This will then bring your cut price down to $3.00 a cut."

FALSE, FALSE, AND FALSE.

I am not surprised that you conveniently forgot to mention that 24 of your so called "cuts" in each package are hamburger patties. This is nothing ground breaking - after all, its on the website. Furthermore, the patties look like they have plenty of fat added. I have done alot of cooking and alot of grocery shopping - either those patties have plenty of fat added, or there is something wrong with the meat. I would estimate that the fat ratio is in the neighborhood of 70/30 - to maybe 75/25 at best. I can get this type of ground meat for about $2.50 - $3 per pound from my grocery store. (and don't give me the "you don't know where that meat came from" rant. My grocery store meat is processed under the same U.S.D.A. regulations in which yours is.) As for the other 37 "cuts" which actually qualify as a steak, the quantity of meat in each one of these cuts are nothing to scream at. Are they below average? probably not, but from what I remember, they are certainly not jaw-dropping quantities of meat that are going to justify the math below. Also, for pricing reference, 16 of those remaining cuts are sirloin.

So, on that note, lets do the math:

$369 per case with 61 "cuts" of meat
You said it includes an extra case for a total of 122 cuts of meat for $369 plus tax.

out of this, 48 cuts are hamburger patties and 74 are steaks.

48 1/4 pound patties yields approximately 12 pounds of meat, multiplied by about $3.00 per pound yields a cost of about $36.

$369-$36 = $333

$333/74 steaks = $4.50 plus tax, bringing the total to about $4.75 per cut - not per pound, per CUT, and I can bet you on the fact that a large amount (if not all) of those cuts are well under a pound.

So, do you still dare to explain to me where it is $3 per steak?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You (elliot brown) said :"This doesn't give you the right to use Ripoffreport to vent because you purchased something you couldn't afford."

OKAY, explain to me where he mentioned that he couldn't afford the product?!? He didn't. He was here "venting" because of your deceptive sales practices as well as the quality/quantity of meat. I believe that is plenty of grounds for posting on Ripoffreport.

You were right about one comment you made: "Next time you should really be more careful". If buying steaks spur-of-the-moment from a guy/company you never heard of before out of the back of a truck doesn't scream "be careful", I don't know what does.

#7

Great meat at a great price!

AUTHOR: Elliott - (U.S.A.)

I worked for US BEEF for three years and I had 100's of satisfied customers.  I haven't worked for US BEEF for some time now and still receive several phone calls a week trying to re-order.  I think you may have misunderstood the deal US BEEF gives to new customers for a chance to try their products.  As a new customer when purchasing the Steak Family 6 Pack at a fair price of 369.00 ($6 per steak @61 cuts), you receive a free case of your choice (containing another 61+ cuts of meat).  This will then bring your cut price down to $3.00 a cut.  US BEEF can also be reached at 1-889-US-BEEF for an questions or concerns regarding the product.  I also have to mention all the meat is clearly inspected by the USDA and has a packaged date, try and figure out when your meat was packaged at a grocery store.  US BEEF also has a full 1 year guarantee on their product.  I understand 369 dollars a lot of money to spend at any time for anything.....because of this many times when the significant other is not involved in the purchasing, buyers remorse often sets in.  This doesn't give you the right to use Ripoffreport to vent because you purchased something you couldn't afford.  Next time you should really be more careful.  For those of you that would like to order from US BEEF they now offer overnight delivery via shipping.  You may visit them at unitedstatesbeef.com.

-Elliott Brown

First, who buys meat off of a truck. You said "so no one else gets ripped off" which I take to mean, you paid the money.

AUTHOR: Mn Blues - (U.S.A.)

You were able to do the math in your post, why were you unable to do the math on the spot with the seller there?

There are a lot of crazies out there, I do not say "these days" because they have always been out there, we [sic] just didn't have the resources to catch them, i.e. dna testing, forensics, etc.

Why I bring this up, is that there are murderers out there that would sell you human flesh if they wanted. Sounds far fetched? Unfortunately, not really.

If your complex is like any I have managed, there is a policy against solicitation and if you report this to the Property Manager, most likely they will take measures to make sure this situation is taken care of.

"could you please help us out so no one else gets ripped off."

What do you want Ed to do that you couldn't do? You must have some kind of community rec area, a swimming pool or at least a bulletin board somewhere. Did you alert the manager? Do they put out some kind of community newsletter? Perhaps neighbors can look out for each other and if they see that truck pull into someone's driveway they can go over there and turn the driver away?

I'm curious

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

Who buys meat off the back of a truck from some anonymous guy on the street? I've seen the meat truck ripoff posted here a few times and I just can't imagine doing that. You have no idea what you're getting (unless you happen to be a meat inspector). I'd be afraid to eat the stuff.

Some guy knocked on my door the other day selling meat off a truck. I asked him how would I know that it wasn't horse meat, or some lousy stuff that wouldn't pass inspection in a real store. He said I could trust him. Hahaha!