Complaint Review: U S Boiler

• Reported By: donna caira — watchung New Jersey
U S Boiler
P O Box 3079 Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA

U S Boiler Burnham furnaces Defective boiler Lancaster Pennsylvania

I had a furnace installed in my home 7 years made by Burnham furnaces/ U S Boiler holdings. On Jan 26 2014 the casting was found to be defective after the furnace cracked.  I contacted the ceo whom responded after three weeks saying he could not help me the warranty was null and void as I did not replace the defective unit with another Burnham unit.  It was Sunday the 26 of January when the unit cracked, the temperature was 14 degrees. The immediate need was the health of my family.  The secondary need was the plumbing in the house.  I contacted a plumber on an emergency basis whom replaced the furnace the next day.

The plumber attested to the fact that the unit was defective. I called PSEG that day and they shut the furnace down and stated I could not run it again as it was a hazzard to my family. The issued me a violation warning me not to run the furnace.

I did contace Burnham two other times as they were offering good faith monetary reimbersements to other consumers who were nisrepresented by them.  aI was told I could not get the $500 as I did not replace the defective urnace with another Burnham.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-Boiler/Lancaster-Pennsylvania-3079/U-S-Boiler-Burnham-furnaces-Defective-boiler-Lancaster-Pennsylvania-1134732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U S Boiler