Complaint Review: U S Direct Express

• Reported By: Rev. — Beaumont California
U S Direct Express
San Antonio, Texas USA

U S Direct Express Rip off People on Social Security San Antonio Texas

I was shocked to find that our credit card had been compromised.  Like so many others on this ripoff report .

Last monday on July 8 I checked to see the balance on my debit card.  My husband and I were planing to go out of town, our daughter is getting married.  When I checked the account, it said balance "0" When I pulled up the account  I saw 8 transactions, that were done in Florida.  (We live in California)  They were done within seconds of each other not more than 2 hours earlier.  Thinking that it should be an easy fix.  We had someone steal our bank debit card  a few years ago.  The bank put our money back immediately into our account.  So, I thought that US Direct Express should put the money right back in.  NOOOOOO was I wrong.  Reported the transactions immediately, I was told it would take 10 days, Ordered the card next day express.  I called to finish the report.  I was then informed that it would take 45-90 days  after I returned the paperwork they were sending me.  That was to be mailed July 10th.

Today is July 17th I still am waiting for the paper work.  Called the 3rd time  only to be told, that until they get the paper work.  I was told that the paperwork was mailed July 12,   3 days after the date they said they would mail the paperwork.  I am now informed If I don't get the paperwork back to them immediately, they will not reimburse me for my loss in that account.  I was told I have 10 days from the time I called in the report.  In other words if I get the paperwork I can't possibly get the report to them in the 10 days, thus forcing me to lose that money that was taken.  The persons I talked to on the phone could care less about my situation.  They are making it difficult for you to return paperwork, so they don't have to reimburse you any money.

When I read the Rip off reports, I noticed that everyone had one thing in common, (including us).  everyone is on Social Security.  Isn't that interesting, Social Security recommended that we use US Direct Express.  Futher interesting fact the back of the debit credit card makes a statement "Direct Express is a service mark of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, FMS"  But if you ask any goverment agency, they will tell you the U.S. Government has nothing to do with the Credit Card  Company.  My question is are they falsely claiming that they have government ties?

They also do not have a routing number so you can have other government checks put on the account.  I found that out through the Veterans Administration.  The VA refuses to use Direct Express to pay the Veterans their benefits.

I am not even sure if my husband and I will ever get our money back.  This company is ripping those who are on limited income such as social security.

I am looking to find another way to put our money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-Direct-Express/San-Antonio-Texas/U-S-Direct-Express-Rip-off-People-on-Social-Security-San-Antonio-Texas-1067951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U S Direct Express