Complaint Review: U. S. Fidelis

• Reported By: mech3349 — memphis Tennessee USA
U. S. Fidelis
www.usfedlis.com Internet United States of America

U. S. Fidelis Car Warranty Worned to the bone! Internet

I had brought 2 warranties  from US Fidelis.  The  first for my wife. That was for her Jeep. She had so many problems with US Fidelis that she bought another vehicle. then made a complaint with then BBB. With their help her contact was canceled and some funds returned.  Now I was second insured. I had transmission noise. So I was traveling to MS and my transmission was slipping. So I when to a shop in Vicksburg Ms. They contacted US Fidelis claims dept.  Then the waiting began. Thursday 9a.m I was told to gather up my schedule maintenace records then shop would fax to them. Well shop spent hours calling and faxing at 430 p.m and 5 phone calls. I was told that I was missing  1 maintence record and without that they  would decline to cover anything.  I complained that  it was my transmision not my engine, but it didn't make any differance.

Friday I recalled were I did my missing oil change. I was stationed near Boliing AF Base in Va.  Their auto skill shop faxed me my missing oil change. I  then when back to shop 9:00 am. They faxed missing sheet 3 times. At 4:45 I called and transmission was approved pending what mechanic sent as estimate. My vehice was schedule to be worked on Monday.   Suprise came that afternoon. Us Fidelis was only covering $1700.  and total was $2161. I was to cover balance. I signed up for no deductable. Yet I had too pay.  I was to pay $461   Now I'm not from this area and I took 2 days off from work @ 160 per day and 2 motels at $45, a day.  I called US Fidelis and made complaint. I was informned the they only pay fair market value for what my vechicle worth. I was not offered those extra's that the commercials says. I was also told that I can't use warranty anymore. I feel that I was ripoff. It present my transmission service cost me $461 + 320+ 90 = $871 plus cost of policy each month. The commerical says you pay nothing. I plan to cancel this policy. Since they won't cover anything else. I will make a complaint with BBB too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-Fidelis/internet/U-S-Fidelis-Car-Warranty-Worned-to-the-bone-Internet-502919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U. S. Fidelis