Complaint Review: U S Herbals - Curb your cravings

• Updated: Thu, May 10, 2007

• Reported By:Pocomoke Maryland
U S Herbals - Curb your cravings
curbyourcravings.com Internet U.S.A.

U S Herbals - Curbyourcravings Tied in a regular shipment to a sample order using payment info given to ship sample ripoff Internet

I ordered a sample of a weightloss aid from curbyourcravings.com. I only ordered a sample (and only paid by debit card to ship the sample), which I did receive. Not long after, a charge of $58.90 appeared on my bank statement for a shipment I did not order.

When I called the Customer Service number an agent named Michael cancelled my orders, but said my bank account would not be credited til I sent back the shipment that had gone out. I told him I had not received that shipment, but that I would mark it "Return To Sender" and get it back to them when it does get to me.

However I wanted my account credited immediately, as I only ordered a sample. He said he couldn't do that.
I asked for a Supervisor and was transferred to a Daisy Smith, who told me the same thing Michael did.

I asked to be transferred to a manager over her and she told me there wasn't one. I asked for a Corporate number to call and she wouldn't give me anything but an email address to Customer Care (which is the department I was already speaking to). I did send an email with a notation to forward it to the owner of the company-I have no confidence that Ms. Smith wouldn't be the one receiving that email. In fact, I believe it will be deleted.

I did save a copy in my email "Sent" file .
It seems they bury an agreement for regular shipments somewhere in the info to receive a sample only. Nowhere does it say outright that you'll be on a list to receive regular shipments charged to the CC# you give to ship the sample. As I never ordered anything but a sample of one of their products, I have no idea what the shipment consists of!

Reputable companies will give you information to contact management or owners if you are adamant you want to go over someone's head. Disreputable companies stonewall you and refuse to give that info. This is one of those companies.

I will update my complaint after returning their shipment (if I do, in fact, ever receive it).

Pocomoke, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2007 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-S-Herbals-Curb-your-cravings/internet/U-S-Herbals-Curbyourcravings-Tied-in-a-regular-shipment-to-a-sample-order-using-payment-248060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U S Herbals - Curb your cravings