Complaint Review: U-Turn Vending

• Submitted: Sat, March 04, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2007

• Reported By:Camas Washington
U-Turn Vending
www.uturn-vending.com Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A.

U-Turn Vending ripoff Idaho Falls Idaho

*UPDATE Employee: What is your complaint?

*Consumer Comment: I am truly sorry for what happened to you...

*Consumer Comment: uturn machines

*Author of original report: we bought 138 machines from them!!!!

I normally would not file a complaint against any company but U-Turn ripped us off good. My husband was on disability and sick. Gary from U-Turn assured my husband that we would have a good stable income knowing that we were making a major investment with the only money we had.

My husband trusted Gary B. asked him "Are you sure this will work out for us"? U-Turn gave my husband some phone numbers of some "vendors" who were doing exceptionally well, (of course) put all our life savings into U-Turn candy machines, and everything went down hill from there!

Kim
Camas, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2006 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Turn-Vending/Idaho-Falls-Idaho/U-Turn-Vending-ripoff-Idaho-Falls-Idaho-179362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Turn Vending

What is your complaint?

AUTHOR: Tami - (U.S.A.)

This is Tami Rigby an employee of U-Turn Vending and I do not understand this complaint. I have tried to locate Kim in our customer database so that I could contact him/her to see how we can help but can not find a Kim in Camas, WA.

If you are a customer of U-Turn vending and have an issue please call us at 1-800-584-8887.

Also I just want to add that Paul is correct, vending is not a get rich quick scheme and requires effort. We at U-Turn stress this to our customers, to be successful requires effort and dedication on the part of the business owner. Thanks Paul for the accurate portrayal of a successful vending business owner.

Tami Rigby
U-Turn Vending

I am truly sorry for what happened to you...

AUTHOR: Pete - (U.S.A.)

As stated above I am truly sorry about your situation. However, did it not occur to you at ANY time that this is a SALESMAN you are dealing with? When you asked him "Are you sure this will work for us?" and he replied w/ telephone #'s of successful people did you not "sleep on it" and then make a decision? Why 138? Is that as many as you could afford on what was left of your money? As in all business you should always test the market - a small amount first. If you want to sell something nationwide you place an ad in your local newspaper, if it does well then call a few more, really well - state wide, awesome after 6 weeks try the tri-state area, then if it keeps going you go nationwide! Would you ever ask a car salesman if he was giving you a good price and if the car won't break down in 6 months? If you did what do you think he'd say? He'd tell you about how happy the last person was that bought one like it, he'd tell you that you got a better deal than them and if it does have trouble it won't be anything major as it is new and not to worry as the service dept. will fix it.
I'm sorry to not be more sympathetic but there is an old adage in America - it's called buyer beware. This man didn't guarantee you anything in writing, I know - I own 455 successfully placed machines and have for 13 years! I started with three! It took a LOT OF WORK, I.E. SWEAT, GASOLINE, MUSCLE, PATIENCE, COLD CALLING, LABELING, MOVING, REPAIRING AND THIRTEEN LOOOONG YEARS TO GROW IT. The man was paying his bills by doing what he knows, NO NOT VENDING, but rather selling! Selling anything, cars, boats, houses, paint, vending machines. Let me know if you still have the machines and maybe I can help you out. I know you were desparate but 138 machines from U-Turn is not cheap - I know that even if he sold them to you for $100 each (which I know he didn't) who would give away $13,800 if that's all they have to live on when that much money could've gone for probably 3-6 months if handled properly? Shoot in that amount of time you probably could've figured out an eBay business w/ no $$ out of pocket. I make $300/month selling baby strollers, car seats, and changing tables that I find on the CURB for FREE! Stop, think, sleep on it, think some more and then buy only one and see if you like it. I've never heard of such nonsense and believe me if there is anyone out there that wants to invest in U-Turn machines go ahead, they're good machines and U-Turn has nothing to do with placing them for you.
Pete

Sell them on ebay or cut your losses in half.

we bought 138 machines from them!!!!

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to add that we bought 138 machines from them!!!!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC