Complaint Review: U-haul -

• Updated: Mon, September 29, 2008

• Reported By:yonkers New York
U-haul -
Phoenix,, Arizona U.S.A.

U-Haul And Vengroff - William And Associates Acting As A Collection Agency On Behalf Of U-Haul U-Haul International wants me to pay a parking ticket for $33 and $30 administrative fee for alleged parking violation although I never stopped nor parked the rented van. No proof of parking violations is provided Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me to discuss your concerns.

On 16 June 2008 I rented a U-Haul van from a rental office in Yonkers, New York. I had a very clear goal target before me of bringing plants from a New Jesrey nursery and did not intend to make any parking or stops on my way. After that I planned to take some garbage from my garage to a refuse dump in Yonkers, refill the van with gas and return it to the U-Haul rental office. I implemented every step of my itinerary:

leaving the rental office and driving to the nursery; parking the van on the parking lot of the property; picking up plants and bringing them home; unloading the plants to my driveway; packing the garbage and taking it to the refuse dump; refilling the van and returning it to the rental office.I never made a stop, let alone park the van on the street.

To my big surprise, two weeks ago I received a notification from U-Haul International on the traffic violation/illegal parking for $33 parking fee and $30 administrative fee which U-Haul 'generously' paid on my behalf. No proof of parking violation has been provided.
On 8 September I received a letter from Vebgroff, Willliams and Associates acting as collection agency on behalf of U-Haul and requesting me to pay the above amount.

yonkers, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-haul-/Phoenix-Arizona-85036-1501/U-Haul-And-Vengroff-William-And-Associates-Acting-As-A-Collection-Agency-On-Behalf-Of-U-371715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-haul -

Please contact me to discuss your concerns.

AUTHOR: Maria P. - (U.S.A.)

My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International.
I would like the opportunity to address your U-Haul rental concerns.
Please contact me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com and provide me with your email address or telephone number so I can contact you.
Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
M. Palmisano