Complaint Review: U-haul Grand Concourse

• Submitted: Mon, September 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:bronx New York
U-haul Grand Concourse
383 Grand Concourse Bronx, New York U.S.A.

*Author of original report: U-haul Grand Concourse Bad Costumer Service and Very Rude General Manager Bronx New York

*UPDATE Employee: I can help with your U-Haul rental.

I would have never thought in a million years that I would run a cross such a business that would be the rudest, most horrible experience I have ever encountered. I moved from Jersey City to Bronx, New York on July 19,2008. I was told to drop off the truck in New York at 8:00am in the morning, the next day; On July 20, 2008. When I returned the truck the next day I found out that the office was closed at 383 Grand Concourse, and i saw another customer sitting outside waiting; i asked the customer is U-Haul open and he informed me that no there not open. I asked what time do they open and the gentlemen informed me that they open at 9:00am. 9:00am came around and the facility wasn't open and gates to put the truck wasn't open either. As i returned to the truck i received a ticket.I have documents stating at what time they did my process. I spoke with the general manager Maureen Parris and she informed me that they were going to refund my money as a courtesty. I asked the general manager about the ticket that i received; she stated to me that's it's not my problem and also it's not Uhaul's problem. Today is 9/8/08 and I have once again attempted to address my complaint. I had to go to court for the ticket and i have to pay $115 for the fault of U-haul. I tried speaking to the general manager. Also, I refuse to give them to anyone else because, unless I am refunded the funds rightfully ($43.35 and the $115.00)due to me, I will actively recommend that people go to your competitors such as Ryder or Budget. I will also explain to people that it appear that U-Hauls rate quotes may appear to be cheaper, but they have an unwritten policy to sneak in additional fees wherever possible and it will be more expensive to use U-Haul in the long run.

This complaint will be duplicated on several consumer websites such as Ripoff Report ( http://www.ripoffreport.com/ I'll definitely never rent from you again, and you can be sure I'll steer my friends away from your company.

Kat01
bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2008 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-haul-Grand-Concourse/Bronx-New-York-10451/U-haul-Grand-Concourse-Bad-Costumer-Service-and-Very-Rude-General-Manager-Bronx-New-York-370968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-haul Grand Concourse

AUTHOR: Kat01 - (U.S.A.)

Till date i'm still fighting with U-haul and still haven't received any of my money. BBB wasn't any help they reside with U-haul and stated that it was my fault; and that U-haul has returned my money. Which is not true.

I can help with your U-Haul rental.

AUTHOR: Maria P. - (U.S.A.)

I am with U-Haul International and would like the opportunity to address your rental concerns. Please email me either your telephone number or email address so I can reach you regarding your U-Haul rental experience. You can reach me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com.
M. Palmisano