Complaint Review: U-haul -- Sheds N More

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2007

• Reported By:Nanticoke Pennsylvania
U-haul -- Sheds N More
6535 Tilghman Street Allentown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

U-haul U-haul -- Sheds N More Credit Card Fraud Allentown Pennsylvania

We reserved a U-haul In May to move our daughter's furniture from her college apartment near Kutztown. When we picked up the vehicle I gave the U-haul agent $117.00 cash and left the building.

The agent printed out the contract as a charge anyway, and had my husband sign for it. My husband thought he was signing it as the driver -- after all, he had just seen me pay cash. I didn't even think about it again until I received my charge bill. I won't even go into the "extra" miles we were charged and the gas.

The agent at Sheds N More kept telling me I would get my money refunded. The Allentown main office never returned any calls. The credit card company thinks it's fine that they never even asked to see the card besides allowing an unauthorized person sign for it (I am cancelling this account).

To top it all off, I tried calling again last week, and was told that there had been a fire at this location and they are no longer in business. I am contacting the Pennsylvania State Police to verify this tomorrow, because other sources have told me this was untrue.

Since this happened to us we discovered this site and read all these other complaints. We have even heard about several "ripoffs" from friends about U-haul in the last few months. I don't know why such an unethical business as U-haul is not under investigation by Federal or State authorities. We are also planning to report it to the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office.

Luzerne Co. PA
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2007 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-haul-Sheds-N-More/Allentown-Pennsylvania-18634/U-haul-U-haul-Sheds-N-More-Credit-Card-Fraud-Allentown-Pennsylvania-277804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-haul -- Sheds N More