Complaint Review: U-hual

• Submitted: Thu, March 02, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 02, 2006

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
U-hual
353 W. 200 S. Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

U-hual No Return Policy, Negative Customer Service Salt Lake City Utah

Prior to moving from Utah to another state, I purchase a tow bar from U-hual that looked really good but didn't fit the vehicle. The bar road too low and was built improperly.

I called U-hual and was given the usual run-around. I personally took the vehicle in and showed the manager the problem. Though the manager was sympathetical to my frustration he informed me that the sale was final and that it would even cost me for them to remove the tow bar, stating that any service outside of the written contract would cost extra.

I ended up giving the $150.00 tow bar to Deseret Industries Charity and have since ridden my home of any proof of this frustrating transaction but I hope by posting my problem that others can benefit.
I still blame myself for the problem to this day. I should have done my homework. So I only have myself to blame.

U-haul makes good tow bars. I believe they even guarantee those, but if you are interested in an after market product other than a U-hual brand you should think again. Even if they sell the product. Do your homework! Or, just go somewhere else.

Aaron
El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2006 04:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-hual/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/U-hual-No-Return-Policy-Negative-Customer-Service-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-178887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-hual