Complaint Review: UBID Auctions

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2002

• Reported By:Leavenworth WA
UBID Auctions
UBID.com Nationwide U.S.A.

UBID Involved in Fraudulent Practices. Internet Fraud Hotline Asked to Investigate.

UBID AND FRAUDULENT USE OF YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!! Auction operates a scam on shipping charges that is one of the worst I've ever seen. UBID uses a shipping charge scam that raises the bid prices several hundred percent.

Example: Last year I bid on some simple little hollow plastic toys weighing only a few ounces. The price per toy was around $4.00. I gave them my credit card number and shipping address. However, I failed to find out what the shipping charges would be on these $4.00/each plastic toys. (I believe I ordered about 13 for prizes at a local school fair.) This was my donation to the community.

End result: When I received my credit card statement UBID had
taken the liberty of DEFRAUDING my credit card for approximately $25.00 per toy shipped,in ADDITION to the original bid price of approximately $4.00. You can see where this going! Each of my $4.00 toys cost me around $30.00 each. I was told by UBID via phone call to them, that their MINIMUM shipping charge was something like $15.50 if I remember correctly. They had no explanation why they charged all the extra money to my credit card.

I called UPS and asked why this shipment cost so much. They checked their records and the whole shipment actually cost less than $15.00. After all was said and done UBID had charged my credit card in excess of $300.00 for shipping those little toys.

The people at the Internet Fraud Hotline has been asked to investigate UBID's fraudulent business practices.
Bottom Line: Stay away from UBID!

Click here to see other Rip-off Reports on Ubid

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UBID-Auctions/nationwide/UBID-Involved-in-Fraudulent-Practices-Internet-Fraud-Hotline-Asked-to-Investigate-11088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UBID Auctions