Complaint Review: UBREAKIFIX

• Submitted: Sat, December 31, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: I got screwed — winter park Florida U.S.A.
UBREAKIFIX
7205 Curry Ford Rd, Suite 2 Orlando, FL Orlando/Altamonte Springs, Florida United States of America

UBREAKIFIX Are Frauds, liars, thiefs, crooks, deceitful, bad business practices, no warranty, etc... Orlando/Altamonte Springs, Florida

*Author of original report: Update:

UBreakIFix was good the first time around. The second time, not so much. I took it in for a screen replacement then ended up asking for the white conversion which I was told was done right. I get it home and there was light leakage out the side of the phone and now my wi-fi didn't work. I called Eddie who was not there and then Juan who told me he would fix it.

I drove from Longwood to Curry Ford road to have this expedited as he told me he would get it done by end of day Friday. Juan advised he would call me back and did not. Due to holidays I did not get phone back until Monday but told it was perfect. I picked it up, light still leaking out of the side, and guess what NO WI FI.

I then spoke with AJ over at Altamonte and told him the situation. (Eddie owns this store as well btw). AJ assured me he would resolve it and to bring it in. I drove there and dropped it off and advised him I just wanted it fixed right, as my previous conversion was good and this one was horrible. [continued below]....
..... AJ told me he would resolve it but needed the parts. No problem, just get it done right as I paid 150.00 for a CORRECT JOB.

I called the main office and spoke to the mail-in manager there and he told me he would also have Eddie call me. I spoke with eddie who made excuses about the phone bezel being bent and that he worked on my phone and it was perfect. (PERFECT meaning WI-FI broke and LIGHT leaking out the side of the case where the face plate met the bezel.) Oddly it was so perfect that he told me his guys would make it right by putting a piece of TAPE on the inside to block out the light. INSTEAD OF REPLACING THE FACE PLATE!

Fast forward to me picking up my phone 12/30/2011 - and the phone is not right. Wi-FI does work believe it or not, but there is still light leaking out the side of the phone.

I highly recommend you avoid this company and their shady practices at this point. I actually thought they were looking out for me and would take care of me the second time around, it seems that is not the case. AVOID UBREAKIFIX they are as bad as IFIXYOURI who also sucks! Looking for an alternative to the (non-oem) fitting cases they claim are apple because they have a stamp on them. Looking for a place who doesn't sell second rate face/rear glass that fades (YES MY WHITE ONE HAS FADED) even with an otter box on it, oddly my buddies white iphone is as white as ever and well... there you go. AVOID UBREAKIFIX!

Damon

PS... they entice people to write positive reviews right at the store, not when they get home by giving them 5.00 off their purchase that well, is barely working in my case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UBREAKIFIX/OrlandoAltamonte-Springs-Florida-32822/UBREAKIFIX-Are-Frauds-liars-thiefs-crooks-deceitful-bad-business-practices-no-warra-816226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UBREAKIFIX

Update:

AUTHOR: I got screwed - (U.S.A.)

They have resolved my issue with my phone...