Complaint Review: UCC Total Home, United Consumers Club

• Updated: Fri, March 03, 2006

• Reported By:Tinley Park Illinois
UCC Total Home, United Consumers Club
18400 South 76th Avenue, Suite B Tinley Park, Illinois United States of America

UCC Total Home, United Consumers Club Or Direct Buy After 12 Years of being a member have to REJOIN and pay another FEE Ripoff Tinley Park Illinois

*Author of original report: Direct Buy of Tinley Park Illinois

I've been a member and loved it for the past 12 years until they said that the one-time membership fee needs to be re-paid for every 10 years. For the past 2 years I've paid the newly "Yearly" membership continuance fee of $159.00. But, now they say about 6 months ago they changed the Membership policy. I can no longer pay a yearly renewal fee. I have to now re-join and pay the initial fee AGAIN of 2K plus.

Granted I've saved a lot of money being a member for the past 12 years. But, we have all our furniture we want in our house and we wouldn't be making any more MAJOR purchases enough to cover the 10 year fee again. The "Yearly" fee of $159.00 was fine because we would save MAYBE that during the course of the year. But, to pay again is absolutely STEALING.

How can they change the policy 6 months ago for members who have been members already??? They should still allow the existing members to continue the original contract.

Shirley Tinley Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2005 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UCC-Total-Home-United-Consumers-Club/Tinley-Park-Illinois-60477/UCC-Total-Home-United-Consumers-Club-Or-Direct-Buy-After-12-Years-of-being-a-member-have-140223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UCC Total Home, United Consumers Club

Direct Buy of Tinley Park Illinois

AUTHOR: Shirley - (U.S.A.)

I requested a meeting with the owner after he denied an order that I had placed through the company a week ago. After meeting with the Owner (ED) and me insisting that his wife (IJ) be present as well, the wife didn't appear. The wife confirmed to me about a year ago (verbalization) that the membership dues was a one-time me and you still remain a member until you stop repaying the membership dues. This was also NOTED in the handbook that I received 14 years ago.

After showing the owner, his reply "things change" and I need to make more money. Well things do change, but you need to inform your current members prior to the change... like changing the HANDLING fee from 6% now to 8% and changing the membership timeline from one-time fee to a 10 year MAXIMUM. After noting all this to the owner ... his reply was "WHATEVER IS VERBALIZED DURING THE SALES PITCH, IF IT's NOT IN THE CONTRACT WE DON'T HAVE TO ABIDE BY IT". Wow... so beware... whatever he says during the sales pitch or in any brochure or information package that you receive .... if it's NOT in the TWO-PAGE-CONTRACT they are not liable for it.