grown

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Ryan — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
UCV HOST

UCV HOST Domain Name Reservation Fraud www.ucvhost.com, Internet

I was offered an opportunity to reserve two domain names from UCVHOST.COM for $5. After I reserved the two domain names, I was able to temporarily redirect one to an outside nameserver. When I attempted to re-direct the second one, I was advised that they had technical problems and I would need to buy their hosting if I wished to use the .com I bought from them. I advised them I already had hosting and that was not part of the agreement. They said then I would have to wait for however long it took them to fix the problem.  It is now at the one month mark and I still can't change the nameserver.  The other .com is no longer working either.

I even proposed that I would be willing to go through the hassle of using their hosting in the meantime as long as it was comped and they did not wish to do so. Everytime you attempt to chat with someone at their company there are long long pauses between responses as if they are looking up each word in a dictionary or thinking of what BS story to give. Each time I have asked them over a month when I will have access to the web sites I paid for, the ones I put on business cards, they tell me to ''have some patience sir''

I tried to transfer the .coms to another domain registry but that also does not work because of ''technical problems''.  It is inexcusable if indeed they have a technical problem preventing me from using my .coms for over a month. I believe that they are actually much more dubious in their intention which is to force me to buy their hosting. Avoid this scam company at all costs.  Even if they offer .com registration for free, avoid it..they will block the sites from you until you buy more services. This is a total rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UCV-HOST/internet/UCV-HOST-Domain-Name-Reservation-Fraud-wwwucvhostcom-Internet-950202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UCV HOST