UDR, INC. Attorneys, Todd Brisco and Cynthia Poer, Falsify Court Documents and Commissioner Richard E. Pacheco Lets Them Get Away With It: Dirty Little Secrets UDR Doesn't Want You to Know #2 of 41
See this link for a history of why we're giving these lessons and also to view Dirty Little Secrets UDR Doesn't Want You to Know - Number 1 of 41: UDR Uses An Expired Fictitious Business Name In Its Leases to Avoid Tenant Litigation: (((link redacted)))
In Lesson #1 we told you that UDR was using a the name Villa Venetia to contract with tenants when they knew:
1. The name didn't belong to them (rather, it belonged to the previous owner);
2. The name didn't describe their ownership which began in October 2004;
3. The name expired with the Orange County Recorder's office on August 20, 20006, and was no longer a valid business entity;
In Lesson #2, you'll learn how even though they knew all those facts, UDR's landlord-tenant lawyers, Todd A. Brisco, Esq. and Cynthia S. Poer, Esq. of Brisco & Associates APC, falsified court documents by stating that UDR was complying with the fictitious business name laws of the state of California.
All of these facts were brought to the attention of Commissioner Richard E. Pacheco and he not only did nothing about it, but four times in a row, he denied and overruled my motions and demurrers in opposition to UDR's complaints and motions.
The California Judicial Council Form, Complaint-Unlawful Detainer was falsified THREE TIMES as follows:
Page 1 of 3, Paragraph 2(b): Plaintiff has complied with the fictitious business name laws and is doing business under the fictitious business name of Villa Venetia.
1. February 11, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00244203 (which case they dismissed when I brought up these issues).
2. March 3, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00248999.
3. First Amended Complaint, April 2, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00248999.
Verifications attached to the falsified court documents are also falsified:
I have read the foregoing [insert name of document] and know its contents. I am one of the attorneys for UDR Villa Venetia, L.P. a party to this action.
Such party is absent from the county of aforesaid where such attorneys have their offices, and I make this Verification for and on behalf of that party for that reason.
I am informed and believe and on that ground allege that the matters stated in the foregoing document are true.
Then the date follows, in the city of Anaheim, California, the typewritten name of either Cynthia S. Poer, Esq. or Todd A. Brisco, Esq., followed by their respective signatures.
They falsified the following Verifications:
1. Verification to Complaint Unlawful Detainer dated February 11, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00244203
2. Verification to Complaint Unlawful Detainer dated March 3, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00248999.
3. Verification to First Amended Complaint Unlawful Detainer dated April 2, 2009, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009-00248999.
Remember, all of these facts were brought to the attention of the Court and were ignored.
Could someone please tell us the penalty for an attorney that KNOWINGLY falsifies SIX separate court documents?
Stay tuned for Lesson #3: How UDR Makes a Big Profit Off Its Ratio Utility Billing System (RUBS).
TENANT ADVOCATES OF CALIFORNIA
(Formerly Tenant Advocates of Orange County)
(((phone number redacted))) Call me if I can help.
Tenant advocates of california
Costa Mesa, California
U.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.