Complaint Review: UFCW 588

• Submitted: Sun, March 13, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 28, 2007

• Reported By:Sacramento California
UFCW 588
2200 Professional Drive Nationwide U.S.A.

UFCW 588 - United Food and Commercial Workers Ripoff! They lie to and deceive their members! Roseville California

*UPDATE Employee: It is not just 588...........

UFCW 588 is the most corrupt Union in America. They don't represent their members honestly. They haven't held an honest election of Union officers in over twenty years. They continue to give themselves outrageous salaries and then negotiate "take away" contracts for their members.

UFCW increases their members monthly union dues on a whim. The union representatives are uninformed and they don't have to answer to anybody. The Union President receives a salary of over $500,000 a year and finds it convenient to buy a jet for him and his family and friends.

Names of individuals:
Jack Loveall
Jaques Loveall
Adam Loveall
Mike Turskey

Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2005 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UFCW-588/nationwide/UFCW-588-United-Food-and-Commercial-Workers-Ripoff-They-lie-to-and-deceive-their-membe-134843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UFCW 588

It is not just 588...........

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

It is not just your local 588, it is my belief that all UFCW locals are operated that way. I am a member of local 880 and when my company purchased the competition who is also local 880 members, our union rep told them that they were going to lose at least half of their salaries, as well as all of their vacations and seniority, which did not happen. She had them actually in fear looking for other jobs.

When my wife went on maternity leave in 2003, we did not receive any money for her being off, however we did receive a notice that she was in rear of her union dues and they threatened to turn her over to collections, if she did not reconcile her past due balance.

If you have an issue, they are known for showing up when you are not working that day. And when you ask the majority of reps about contract issues they are a mountain of misinformation.

I took the librety of studying our contract, myself, after our rep failed to answer a few of my questions truthfully. I have come to the conclusion that UFCW works for our company not us.

They remind me of sleezy politicians and I do not trust them.