Complaint Review: U.G.I.

• Reported By: Caathrok — wilkes-barre Pennsylvania United States of America
U.G.I.
Reading, Pennsylvania United States of America

U.G.I. bad service, overpriced, rude Reading, Pennsylvania

I called UGI to get the gas at my new house put in my name (it's already on at this point) on May 25th. They took all my information, just like PP&L and Penn-American Water did. Then they told me I need to fax my license and social security card in to them by 5pm or they would turn the gas off the following tuesday (which would force me to pay a $50 fee to turn it back on). They also told me they would have to run a credit check and require a $150 security deposit (to be added onto the first bill).

Since there was no way I could fax them before 5pm, I resolved to send the fax first chance Tuesday and hopefully not have to pay the fee (a feet in and of itself since I typically am at work from 7a-6p). Well, I sent the fax, they claim they did not receive it and told me I must have faxed it to the wrong number when I called them. I knew better, and knew i'd not have another chance that week so tabled it. I don't need gas for an empty house anyway.

The next week I faxed them again, double checking the number and that I put a 1 before the number. Same results: "we didn't get it, you faxed it wrong". This Monday I faxed them again, waited 45minutes and called. Nothing received yet, but it's nearly 5 so call tomorrow. I called Tuesday, they havnt received it and I asked for a manager. After a 20hold the manager gets on and tells me I am faxing wrong. I explained that there are directions on the staples fax machine as to exactly how to dial the fax and how to place the paper in the fax. She insisted, rather rudely, that I am faxing it wrong.

I am now looking for anywhere else to get gas. I'll take cold showers and wash my clothes and dishes with cold water and get a used electric dryer and stove and heaters if I must. Aren't monopolys illegal?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UGI/Reading-Pennsylvania-/UGI-bad-service-overpriced-rude-Reading-Pennsylvania-896520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.G.I.