Complaint Review: UGN Financials - Shipco

• Submitted: Tue, June 23, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 23, 2009

• Reported By:Perry Florida
UGN Financials - Shipco
18410Crossing Dr Tinley Park, Illinois U.S.A.

UGN Financials - Shipco Readers Digest Publisher Clearing House , online Sweepstakes. Tinley Park Illinois

I receive a letter with a check for $4,250.00, around the first of Oct 2008. Stating that I was selected through a computerie ballot system drawn from Readers Digest, Pubilshers Clearing House, Online Sweepstakes, Internet Games, etc.
It states that I am the lucky winner of a $100,000.00. In the letter it told me that I need to contact Sean Peter or Michelle Robinson for authorization and activation of the check. It also gave me a claim number in the letter and told me that I need it to activate the check.
So I called to activate the check and spoke with MS Robinson, she told me to cash the check and and get a money order, and that in few days in the mail would come instructions as to where to send the money to pay taxes.
That struck me as odd, so I called a friend who had a friend help me with this scam so I just tore the check up.
I know it took a while to file this report but I didnot know that you could file a report until now. The letter was then signed by Rita Howell, Claim Specialist UNG Financial.

L. j.
Perry, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UGN-Financials-Shipco/Tinley-Park-Illinois-60487/UGN-Financials-Shipco-Readers-Digest-Publisher-Clearing-House-online-Sweepstakes-Tinl-464151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UGN Financials - Shipco