Complaint Review: UHAUL - Conoco Care Care

• Submitted: Sun, June 26, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2005

• Reported By:Greeley Colorado
UHAUL - Conoco Care Care
1539 8th Avenue Greeley, Colorado U.S.A.

UHAUL - Conoco Care Care Shameless Thieves who ripoff people left and right!!! Greeley Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 4 months and no refund!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Give it time. U-haul does the credit right away but the banks can be slow.

Here is what we filed with the better business bureau since Uhaul chose to ignore us and refused to refund us the money they stole!!!

On April 29, 2005 I rented a small truck from U-Haul at the Conoco Car Care station at 5:40 p.m. in Greeley, Colorado. The truck had 168418 miles when I picked it up. The stated price was $19.95 with $0.99 per mile charge. I also purchased insurance of $14.00 just to be safe. The location, which I was making the move from to the new location was approximately .43 miles each way. The old location was on the corner of 9th Street and 20th Avenue and the new location was between 17th Avenue and 16th Avenue on 9th Street. My four helpers and I made two trips. We dropped off the truck the same night around 1:30 a.m. I filled up the truck with gas, which cost $3.01 to fill up by using my Visa credit card. I wrote down the mileage, which was 168422 then I put the key in the night drop box. So the actual mileage used was 4 miles. I was charged $61.29 on my credit card, which should have been only $37.92 (less any applicable taxes). I was charged $23.37 (less applicable taxes) more then what it should have been.

I contacted U-Haul several times to have them reimburse me for the difference. Every time I called they kept telling me that they would look into it and refund me the difference. I had my wife called for the very last time and she spoke to Ron. He said that they would refund $19.80 by crediting my credit card. His promise was about four weeks ago and I have not seen a credit to my credit card account. I have four people that helped me move who were witnesses to this if you should need their statements. We hope this can be resolved with U-Haul refunding me what is rightfully my money.

Antonio
Greeley, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2005 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UHAUL-Conoco-Care-Care/Greeley-Colorado-80631/UHAUL-Conoco-Care-Care-Shameless-Thieves-who-ripoff-people-left-and-right-Greeley-Col-147582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UHAUL - Conoco Care Care

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

4 months and no refund!

AUTHOR: Noon - (U.S.A.)

I have waited 4 months and no respond and no refund. U-Haul steal shamelessly! Never again will I rent from them!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Give it time. U-haul does the credit right away but the banks can be slow.

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I worked as a manager for u-haul for 2 years. In that time i found that many banking institutions can take 30 to 45 days to get the money in your account. U-haul does the credit right away but the banks can be slow. Give It Some Time.