Complaint Review: UHAUL - UHAUL VIRGINIA REGIONAL OFFICE

• Submitted: Fri, April 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:arlington Virginia
UHAUL - UHAUL VIRGINIA REGIONAL OFFICE
www.uhaul.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

UHAUL CORPORATE - UHAUL VIRGINIA REGIONAL OFFICE ABUSED BY U-HAUL DURING MY MOVE Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: The Problem Is....You Work for U-Haul

*Consumer Comment: UhaulSafetyAlert

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Shaquita Nibblins

U-Haul Reservation #24560189
(text of complaint sent to Uhaul website)
Are filing complaints ever worth it? Well, not usually in my experience. I'm going through the exercise of filing a complaint, with the hope that someone at UHaul will see and meet the need to improve the company's customer service. The Virgnia UHaul, if unchecked, will continue abusing and exploiting already anxious customers who are in the middle of their move and are in need.

I called the VIRGINIA REGIONAL office to find a closer pick-up location for my Uhaul rental truck. The person I first spoke to advise me that they were booked. While I began asking questions, that person began a side conversation -- in the middle of my sentence. The side conversation was about how difficult and stupid I was being. So, SHAQUITA NIBBLINS, the manager, got on the phone and wanted to talk about how I needed "adjust my attitude" but would not move on from that subject to help me and then advised me to "go away."

The first moment of speaking with SHAQUITA NIBBLINS is a little like getting hit in the face by a school-yard bully--but one who you thought would help you. There's feelings, for me, of embarassment, surprise, being caught off guard, humiliation, deseperation, and finally anger.

I then tried to contact the main customer service number. It took an hour and 11 minutes for someone to direct me to this website form.

Help me punish U-Haul by giving more of their market share to competitors.

UHAUL ALTERNATIVES:
WWW.RYDER.COM
WWW.ENTERPRISE.COM
WWW.BUDGET.COM

ALAS, if UHaul has HR policies similar to a number of other corporations, SHAQUITA NIBBLINS will probably get PROMOTED for her behavior not DISCIPLINED.

Rjc1754
arlington, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2008 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UHAUL-UHAUL-VIRGINIA-REGIONAL-OFFICE/Phoenix-Arizona/UHAUL-CORPORATE-UHAUL-VIRGINIA-REGIONAL-OFFICE-ABUSED-BY-U-HAUL-DURING-MY-MOVE-Phoenix-A-328861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UHAUL - UHAUL VIRGINIA REGIONAL OFFICE

The Problem Is....You Work for U-Haul

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Shaquita, regardless of the situation, the problem is that you and the rest of you folks work at one of the worst companies out there. There are so many people I know in the moving industry that tell customers if they need to do a DITY - to NEVER use U-Haul unless they wish to (1) be ripped off, (2) take their life into their hands. How many people need to be killed using U-Haul??

We tell them to use companies already listed in this string and U-Haul would never be one of them. Given the recent safety record - no kidding....

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Dontrentahall - (U.S.A.)

I am Paul Clarke an ex employee of uhaul in Conyers GA. Let me give you a little history on me. I went to uhaul to work after moving from the north to the south.

Uhaul was close to my home and since being new, was perfect.

Going forward... I started working behind the counter as an customer service rep.

this is what I saw. Custumers being ripped off by a manager who would make up the store numbers by running customers credit card multiple times.

I worked there dor 6 months while I learned the area, made friends and established contacts. I Went to work on Jne 28 2008 and told them, I am not returning to work the next day! I asked the manager if my hours could be reduced, since I wanted to do something else, she told me why don't I quit now!

All this to say... I have been on the inside, spend the extra money to go somewhere else.

Consumers are not valued at uhaul and I'll tell anyone that. It is a culture which gets infected in new employees! Work there as a steping stone, treat your customers like a human being. Do Not Make A Career Out Of Uhaul.

In closing I'll say... Uhaul only cares about the money, not the $19.95 truck rental, but the .69cent/ 99cent a mile charge as well as the little sneeky things they do.

If you still do business with them after reading this, then it is a risk you went in knowing what could become. But should you, follow these guidelines:

Don't use a credit card. Pay the $100 required deposit. After all if you are not 100% satisfied, all you'll loose is 100 bucks.

If you are not satisfied, park the truck in the rental lot you picked it up from, drop the keys in the drop box and don't pay another red cent.

Sure they'll call and say what the are going to do, but the worse thay can do is put you on their do not rent again list. In that case, do the same as mentioned above, but get cousin jonny to rent it for you.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

UhaulSafetyAlert

AUTHOR: Uhaul Safety - (U.S.A.)

To learn more about Uhaul's poor customer service and irresponsible safety practices, visit www.uhaulsafetyalert.org.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Shaquita Nibblins

AUTHOR: Shaquita - (U.S.A.)

Hello world, this is Shaquita Nibblins it took me a while to gather all the imformation that i needed to be able to firmly say that i never spoke to this customer but i finnally got to the bottom of it all and i want to be the 1st to inform that this information about me is no where what is TRUE. I am not that type of person I would never speak to anyone as this article explained. i am a strong believer of customers always being right when dealing with the general public.
Fact: I am a very respectful individual, and i help put with everything that I cam, i have excellent customer service, and this article is just not me.
FACT: I am or was NOT the manager at uhaul every at any point in time that i worked there.
FACT: I left the company because of the MANGER Dasheca Lovette whos attitude whas so TERRIBLE as an employee you would ask yourself why dose uhual allow this type of person to be inchagre of its reginal office.
FACT: it was after i leflt uhaul that i just so happened one day to google my name to find this article, and so i had to go through an insider to get the information that i need which brings me to my next fact.
FACT: when this customers contract number was entered into the system my name Shaquita NIbblins never once came up on his file meaning that Never once spoke to this customer. However, remember Dasheca Lovette who i mentioned earlier in this article name did appear more than once, and it sould to me that she was trying to cover herself after speaking to this customer.

I sorry everyone but I just am not this person who this very upset customer wants me to be .

Shaquita Nibblins